What do I have?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two of these frames, one had a top bar and the other had the hole for it but did not have it.
74751-kiloz-albums-i-3-my-bike-picture333105-1st-bike.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0501-1.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

I found this phone number on frame, I called it but it's no longer in service. 416-348-8725

hi there my friend, what you have are bike frames by mtd the lawn mower people , they were made in 1967 the three bar frame is the duke the two bar frame is the dutchess, i just built a dutchess here
116_0512.jpg
it is :D

I am not looking to get rid of of it any time soon, but I will keep you posted. Thanks so much! I've had both of them! So it's called a "MTD The Duke?"

that's correct, the three bar is the duke it's a boys frame, the two bar frame is the duchess it's a girls frame, it doesn't matter to me because it's such a cool design frame and it turns heads when i ride it. have fun and welcome to the site. there are great people here and they love to buy and sell parts, so you will be able to find parts to build any bike. here's the duchess as i found her
mtddutchess.jpg
:D

snarehead123 said:
that's correct, the three bar is the duke it's a boys frame, the two bar frame is the duchess it's a girls frame, it doesn't matter to me because it's such a cool design frame and it turns heads when i ride it. have fun and welcome to the site. there are great people here and they love to buy and sell parts, so you will be able to find parts to build any bike. here's the duchess as i found her
mtddutchess.jpg
:D

woah! thats how I found the first one I had way back when. I was 11 and wanted to build a lowrider so I stripped down the same day I got it without caring. Thanks for sharing. Are there any lowrider builders on this forum?

Back