What did I find?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20150419_090500_zpsbprmgmzt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Driving by an old farmhouse for a couple of days and by the road have been bikes. Stopped and asked if they were getting rid of them and they said take them. The first on wasn't anything special, just a boys 20" huffy which I am sure I can find a neighborhood kid who needs a bike so no big deal. The second is kind of interesting. It is a girls 24" that has a Westpoint badge on it but can't find a serial number or model on it. Looking on the web, I can't find a bike close to it.

Not looking to sell it but is this thing worth keeping, like to possibly fix up for a kid? Don't want to put time into something that isn't worth messing with.

Definitely worthy of fixing up and being a rider for someone. The seat can be raised up and a older kid or adult can ride it too.

Yep looks like late 60s AMF so not worth much as an investment or collectible but to a kid without a bike it could be priceless ! I have donated hundreds of bikes like that to needy kids in the past, the smiles were worth all my time and it keeps a part of cycling history out of the scrap yard !:113:
Mark

Don't know why, but I really like the banana seat. Maybe times that I am getting old and reliving my youth. lol.

As I get older I get a better appreciation for the older bikes. The only problem is I am running out of room.

Back