what bicycle genre. question. need opinions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i restored an early fifties monark. i put one of those cool lowrider springer forks on it. where the front is really raked out. and then i decided to flip the handle bars for that boardtrack look. so my question is what genre would this bike be. usally i here it has that bonneville salt flat look. but looking for some type of answer. thanks

Why don't you show us a picture and we can give you a better answer? I had salt flat hot rods in mind when I did this Monark Rocket last year:
P1015550.jpg

In my own mind, its more of a hot rod than a rat rod. But that's just what I had in mind when I built it. I think everyone has there own definition of what constitutes the different subsets of hot rodding and custom bike building. What do you want it to be? You probably know better than we do! I'm not sure that there really is any sort of concise definition of rat rod anyway, and trying to reach one will probably cause too much fussing. That's why we don't. Frankly, IMHO, the whole hot rod thing as it applies to bikes is a little absurd anyway, since that whole genre of car customization is derived from making cars as fast as they can be. We can apply the styling elements to bikes, but not the performance aspect that is the heart of the matter. No hot rod engine swaps on a bicycle, unless you're talking about putting a faster rider on!

to quote my favorite actor harry dean Stanton.
"if you label something you dismiss it"

ok. my wife and i both tried to download pictures of my bike on here. this photobucket is tricky. my pic kept getting partially cut off. any ideas.

Latest posts

Back