what are your favorite paints?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krylon offers an epoxy enamel in a spray can. It's more durable than other spray paints I've tried in the past, but colour selection is limited. It does however, come in flat black, gloss red and a grey primer :D

Many autobody supply shops can fill spray cans with almost any colour or type of paint you'd want. While it is a little bit more expensive than an off-the-shelf-from-Home-Depot paint, you can get exactly what you need.

-Mp

Krylon and Duplicolor..

I had The Red for my RRBBO bike loaded up in "Quali-Coat".
The Red is an Alpha-Romeo Red.

My Dad ( a 40 plus year Automotive Painter )had it loaded up for me..
thanks again Pop's.

Kev.

I like paint chips...they taste salty! LOL

paint

I realy like duplicolor. House of color is a high end motorcycle and car paint that the top customizers use---recently, I noticed they have it a rattle can at wallyworld----very picey and I haven't used any--just thoght it was interesting. I would also like to try some of that clear Pete has on his web site.

We have an Oreilys auto store here that will mix custom colors and put in a rattle can. There are several Oreillys in town but only the one will do this that I know of.

I've been hearing about the House of Colors paint at Walmart but haven't seen it here yet. Is it in the hardware or auto dept?

yea my napa doesnt mix paints but they do at the warehouse store and they mix about any color but they didnt sound like they do flat colors so today I bought rustoleum american accents paint..... its a satin finish so I will try that well if it ever friggin warms up! the high today was zero and its -9 now brrrrrrrrrrrr but I did see a guy riding his bike today in Iowa City lol some people are plain nuts I swear! the LBS has one of those bikes with skis on it and it got me thinkin hmmmm a rat rod skibike! flat black with old school toboggan runners! lol wait maye the nuts thing is rubbing off on me! lol

Hooch said:
its a satin finish so I will try that well if it ever friggin warms up! the high today was zero and its -9 now brrrrrrrrrrrr

I've been warming parts and paint over the heater vent, going out to the garage and giving them a quick coat and then dashing back into the house where I hang the parts to dry (which I just got in trouble for).

Hooch said:
yea my napa doesnt mix paints but they do at the warehouse store and they mix about any color but they didnt sound like they do flat colors so today I bought rustoleum american accents paint..... its a satin finish so I will try that well if it ever friggin warms up! the high today was zero and its -9 now brrrrrrrrrrrr but I did see a guy riding his bike today in Iowa City lol some people are plain nuts I swear! the LBS has one of those bikes with skis on it and it got me thinkin hmmmm a rat rod skibike! flat black with old school toboggan runners! lol wait maye the nuts thing is rubbing off on me! lol

My NAPA doesn't mix paint anymore...some of the Martin Senour Fleet colors are flat...if your DC does paint, they should mix the fleet paints (or have the pre-mixed stuff).

Back