What Am I ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a fresh find from last summer........found this completely disassembled and tossed in a dumpster, I didn't object to climbing in and fishing everything out :) My friend and I rebuilt it, put it back together and now we're not sure what it is!The rear wheel is a 24inch 2.25 tire, the front is also 24inch but a 1.75 tire, the treads and tire brand match exactly so I guess this is how it came. I can see it once was pink but now its blue.Had a helluva time getting the three speed cable to work but its done. Is it a girls cruiser? A musclebike for girls? Does something like this have any value at all? Thanks for looking!
march17thrideernie008.jpg

march17thrideernie006.jpg

march17thrideernie007.jpg

It's defenetly not a CCM. Deelight were totally apart for them and were good quality. Fred Deeley was originating from England and started his own motorcycle company in around 1920. He then wanted to bring cycling into the deal and created deelight. Then they were starting being rebadged as Apollos in the late 60-70's and then were badged Kuwahara in the 80's. If you guys want example of this I have bikes for each period to show the progression.
This little bike is not the same model then the one shown on looped frame site. The rear stays are not the same and other things. They do have the same color tho. Also the 3 speed stick shift is not related to the coaster bike. My impression is that Old rider's bike might have had a banana seat like the muscle bikes at some point. I think it could be called either muscle bike or cruiser even both.

CCM was out in Weston Ontario. They produced bicycles for Marshall Wells, Canadian Tire and other BBS. Deelite was out of Vancouver and always been ever since its creating in the early 1900's by Fred Deeley. CCM and Deelite are far from being related.

Fred Deeley bike for sure , his bicycle brand was badged deelite , owned car dealerships in Vancouver back in the 60's and 70's , my mom had a '69 Mini Cooper from Deeley Motors , I think his son(Trev Deeley) now owns the distribution rights to Harley Davidson in Canada ,as well as a dealership here in Vancouver , and the family also has a motrcycle museum in Vancover as well

http://www.deeleymotorcycleexhibition.ca/

If you decide to part the bike out I'd like to put a holler out there to buy the shifter!...Pappy 8)

Thanks for the help folks :) I knew it was a Deelite but I was unsure what to call that type of bike, its a bit outta my normal standards. I thought of the banana seat and sissy bar and Eclipse confirmed what I thought. The bike will stay together and I'll try and sell it locally...maybe I'll even find a banana seat to fit it :) Thanks again!

Back