What 140 spoke wheels should I get?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to buy 140 spoke wheel set. I found this set on eBay for $100 and free shipping
hezepy4a.jpg
I also was looking at these on eBay they are more expensive at $138 plus $38 shipping
ybu3yted.jpg
I'm just trying to get your guys opinion on what would look better on a bike 140 black or 140 chrome? Thanks!

Probably depends a lot on the bike they will be going on, and what will suit... Personally I prefer the black as the chrome versions show up everywhere and black would help you stand out, but if you have wanted chrome 140's for a while, you would probably be disappointed if you ended up with the black...

Love the black myself... :wink: Plus $76 cheaper... That is 40% off roughly... :shock:

Luke.

I bought a set of the red 140 spoke wheels with black spokes . $100 with free shipping is a smoking hot deal . But the red on black was ecactly right color scheme for my Smoking Loon cruiser by Nirve as there was no chrome on the bike to start with. I get a lot of complements on the bike and those wheels. On a quality note the wheels run great , came with a brake strap and rim liners. The transaction was drama free and shipping was quick for ground service . In my humble opinion you cannot go wrong with those $100 wheels unless your styling needs chrome . The $76 you save can go for some cool tires.

Id go with the black and whites also, simply because the chrome ones look too lowriderish.

Unless you want that look!

Ive never seen the "colored"(ie: black/white, etc.) ones b4 myself. Pretty cool and way cheaper too!

Just had. A thought....get some black decals to help pull the black spokes together w/ the white on bike and rims. Just sayin. :D

Thanks for all your help guys! I went with the black and white rims. I will post a picture as soon as my bike is complete!

That's going to look sharp and a nice change over the typical chrome ones.

I have a question for those who have used these. I have a set of 144 spoke fan wheels that I was going to use on my stretch but the front hub is really narrow. Is this normal and you just use spacers? The axle is plenty long enough.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

NicksGarage said:
That's going to look sharp and a nice change over the typical chrome ones.

I have a question for those who have used these. I have a set of 144 spoke fan wheels that I was going to use on my stretch but the front hub is really narrow. Is this normal and you just use spacers? The axle is plenty long enough.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I don't know how normal it is ti find a narrow hubbed wheel , but I would have no problem runnimg it on the front with spacers , just be sure you properly cemter the wheel for tracking amd there is no chainline to worry about .

Back