Western Flyer's "Cosmic Flyer"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I keep or sell it

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently asked my grandparents about an old bike they had, they said they forgot about it. Told me it was at my Dads and that I could have it. all I know is it is a 50's western flyer "Cosmic Flyer". Noticed it had a really cool sprocket with stars cut out in it etc..anyways im just interested in getting some more information on this bike. Anything helps.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like an AMF built bike, they had the 'stars' chainring, more of an early 60s model. Pics would help, especially on whether to keep or not! Most folks here would be rather sentimental about a family owned bike. -Adam

Unless you really need money keep it! Oh and ride it or hang it somewhere cool to remind you of the history.

I sold my dads Schwinn Stingray... Regret it. You can never get that "exact" childhood memory back once it's gone.

I have faith in the powers of your own decision making capabilities, but at least give any other family members a shot at it, if you do decide to let it go. It may have sentimental value to them.

Last edited:
Back