Western Flyer Seat Post help needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to fit a seat with a modern clamp on it to my Western Flyer X-53. The seat post seems an odd size. I cannot find anything at the hardware store to replace it with. I Need a post that fits the frame and that is wide (not narrow) at the top. The stock pipe is way, way, too narrow for my new seat to clamp to, and also the bottom portion of the post does not match anything I could find to replace it with.

*I'm sure this topic has come up before but the search mechanism does not allow you to search for threads with the term "seat post" in them because they are "too common" and as a result these "too common" threads are unsearchable.

It would be easier to change out the bracket on the seat. Many times, the old clamp from the old seat will work with the new seat's parts.

Wildcat said:
It would be easier to change out the bracket on the seat. Many times, the old clamp from the old seat will work with the new seat's parts.
+ this. :|

deorman said:
Wildcat said:
+ this. :|

Yep. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Just got done doing it. Had to use a stack of washers on either side of the old clamp but, seems to be working. After I put the crank back on it I'll go for a ride and see if it holds me in position.

Back