western flyer reisue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,I'm new to the site, Dave from phoenix az. I recently purchased a Western Flyer bicycle at auction, was told it was early 80's, has a number of 1978 stamped in it. Is that the year or serial number. I will try and post some pictures, but its in great original condition, and rides well, also wondering what the value of this bike would be , and the best way to remove some surface rust on wheels?

Last edited:
Hello ,I'm new to the site, Dave from phoenix az. I recently purchased a Western Flyer bicycle at auction, was told it was early 80's, has a number of 1978 stamped in it. Is that the year or serial number. I will try and post some pictures, but its in great original condition, and rides well, also wondering what the value of this bike would be , and the best way to remove some surface rust on wheels?[Hi there, try the white vinegar treatment. it works on me, all you have to do is dip it in the tub of a white vinegar for 2 to 4 days, however try to observe it sometimes the vinegar attacks the unharmed area.]

Welcome! Would love to see some pics of the bike. I'd encourage the post under the ID / Valuation section OR Fresh Finds. Someone should be able to pinpoint the year for you.

Also, I've used tinfoil and coke... Works ok for cleaning some surface rust. You could also try some polishes after that to give it more of a shine and protect it. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back