western flyer 1951?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey ya'll, been a while since i have posted anything had to put my bike addiction on the back burner for a while. but i recently picked this honey up and im have'n trouble w/ an i.d. im think'n late 40's early 50s ? serial # is on the bottom of the b.b. and reads h65738 ( huffman ? ) she is a skip tooth,and under the crappy spray paint you can read western flyer. im sure the front light and chain gaurd are wrong. any help would be killer.
100_1959.jpg
100_1960.jpg
100_1961.jpg
100_1962.jpg
100_1963.jpg
100_1964.jpg
100_1965.jpg

Re: western flyer 19??

Your bike is built by Cleveland Welding. There should be a CW or ACW after your serial number

The seat, chainguard and pedals are off of a newer amf bike. Never seen that style rack so I'm not sure if thats original either.

Its hard to see the rear dropouts but I would guess 50-54

didnt see it @ first but yep acw after the #. the drop outs have adjustable bolts.
100_1966.jpg

I love that bike! 8) I have a frame and tank of the same variety waiting for a build.D'love to have one like that. :mrgreen:

thanks ya'll, and i appreciate all the help with the i.d. ratina

im digg'n the flags too. wander'n if there original. "western flyer" on the tank was painted over but the flags almost look like there on top off the paint, but its so old its hard to tell. i think i might try to strip a little paint and see whats under it, but i'll probably just leave it alone and ride it :D

Back