Went to house that was on American Pickers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great finds :shock: If I was there I would have passed out over all the old bikes :roll:

Regarding what I mentioned earlyer lol. I just say a girls free spirit banana seat bike on local listings for 600$, seller said it was worth 800$ because some company appraised it... this is the tip of the ice berg of the funnys I see here on local listings, if you wanna see another look at the ebay ad to the right of the yamaha motobike lol In 20 years I wonder what this stuff will be worth.

On the other side I wanna visit that place you went to i'd buy stuff lol but it's way far far away awesome classics none the less

All the guys on the East Coast have all the luck! I swear you can't find anyhting like that over here in California!! And the prices would be triple that! And you think $150 for a bike is too much?? Guess I have to take a vacation, and go snatch up all the good stuff over there and bring it back and make a fortune. Ya, i'm jealous! Bikes kike those stripped down ones would be at least $300.

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Went to house that was on American Pickers
by slick on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 am

All the guys on the East Coast have all the luck! I swear you can't find anyhting like that over here in California!! And the prices would be triple that! And you think $150 for a bike is too much?? Guess I have to take a vacation, and go snatch up all the good stuff over there and bring it back and make a fortune. Ya, i'm jealous! Bikes kike those stripped down ones would be at least $300."Cheatin death with every breath"---Jesse Dayton of The Road Kings rockabilly band
-Chris-
PEDAL GRINDERS B.C. of Sacramento

Rent a big U haul and head to the midwest. It's the land of milk and honey for bicycles.

Spokeshave said:
Report this postReply with quoteRe: Went to house that was on American Pickers
by slick on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 am

All the guys on the East Coast have all the luck! I swear you can't find anyhting like that over here in California!! And the prices would be triple that! And you think $150 for a bike is too much?? Guess I have to take a vacation, and go snatch up all the good stuff over there and bring it back and make a fortune. Ya, i'm jealous! Bikes kike those stripped down ones would be at least $300."Cheatin death with every breath"---Jesse Dayton of The Road Kings rockabilly band
-Chris-
PEDAL GRINDERS B.C. of Sacramento

Rent a big U haul and head to the midwest. It's the land of milk and honey for bicycles.

It's also the land of overpricing. :mrgreen:

So, this fellow is in Ohio? I like the bike you bought. Nice choice. I may have to load the wallet and head over to see him. I saw that episode but, missed his location.

Really? We go to Ohio State games in Columbus once or twice a year. I think I'll bring my truck next time......

Yea, that is not too far to drive to see it. I am in north central Indiana but, have made a few trips to Columbus for motorcycles back in the day. Sounds like a cool spring trip unless he gets picked hard before then. I still have a trip to make to Mississippi to go through three barns full of bikes. One is from a fellow who passed and has abouth thirty tank bikes and old tanks just laying on the ground. Sprockets hanging on the wall and parts all over. His wife is letting me come down before the estate sale and pick what I want. I plan to take a Uhaul truck and buy the whole lot if I can. :D I will pass the savings on to my buddies right here on this site too. :wink: I hate seeing what people are asking for old bikes. I just want to see them ridden again or used for parts to build something cool if they are too far gone.

Just got an email from my family in Miss. I am buying the whole lot of 25 bikes, most with tanks, era is 40's and 50's. No brands named as they don't know bikes or what to look for but, there has to be some rare stuff. He was a collector and restorer. He has tanks laying around also and sprockets, chains, wheels, all hanging from the walls and raffters. I get the entire lot for $200. Plus, I have two more barns with a questionable number of similar era bikes that are freebies. The family wants them to go me. I shall be in Heaven. I hope I don't have a stroke or heart attack on the way down. I am supposed to get pics emailed soon. I bought the lot sight unseen so...to me, even if I end up with one or two complete vintage bikes, it will be worth it.

Did you go and get the bikes yet or have you got any pics? Would love to see some of the bikes your getting.

ckdesigns69 said:
Just got an email from my family in Miss. I am buying the whole lot of 25 bikes, most with tanks, era is 40's and 50's. No brands named as they don't know bikes or what to look for but, there has to be some rare stuff. He was a collector and restorer. He has tanks laying around also and sprockets, chains, wheels, all hanging from the walls and raffters. I get the entire lot for $200. Plus, I have two more barns with a questionable number of similar era bikes that are freebies. The family wants them to go me. I shall be in Heaven. I hope I don't have a stroke or heart attack on the way down. I am supposed to get pics emailed soon. I bought the lot sight unseen so...to me, even if I end up with one or two complete vintage bikes, it will be worth it.

Trip has been post poned until April. But, they are still there in the barn and paid for. Along with the 1915 Excelsior and a few other bikes that my family down there has gathered for me. I will be posting pics of course. :wink:

Back