Well I just got a old single speed bike,tire help.pic added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got somekind of old as dirty single speed bike ill post a pic soon.
Ok im going to do some work on this one to start i wanna know if i can put big fat nobby mountain bike tires on my rims and also if not will mountain bike rims fit on the old bikes????I m good a fad work so if i have to i can round out the frame where the wheels go on...im also going to tack weld a spot to put on a rear disc brake....Some pic's would help a little with the rims and tires//

Im going to have the seat and handle bars real low,,
I wanna do something like this but with the seat lower to the tire
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m104 ... Rod071.jpg

like this?

100_0092.jpg

100_0089.jpg

100_0086.jpg

yes like that one but i dont wanna bend the front fork....ill keep looking of pic's and if anyone finds any pic's post them

well everyone here knows i dont really care for the boardtrack style bikes :wink: but heres some...........
hoochs rosemary
rosermary.jpg

karfers lucky 7(sorry i dont have any good pictures of her saved)
autoramafeb92008011.jpg

my dayton
lacucaracha011.jpg

my sons schwuffman
20orlessfinalpics002.jpg

my b6
100_0464.jpg

my build off bike
illpostitlater005.jpg

also check out crt95's schwinndian
boardtrack fans pea shooter
skodas got alot of old boardtrack style bikes also
and theres millions more here(these are ones that pop to mind right away for me)! have a look :mrgreen:
found some of mikeS'
diadeloshooligans012.jpg

if you can ride that schwinn comfortably id get another 26"
as i said before you could fit balloon tires in there no problem... but a heavy weight frame would allow you to use fenders if you wanted yours is a middle weight(rear stays are *if i remember right* 2&1/2" wide and a heavy weight is 3" wide
some of the schwinn guys should be able to give you a definite size on the rear stays.
if you want something to cut up,paint and such check the papers,garage sales,trash bins at your lbs(local bike shop) just ask them first! you should be able to find a huffy or murray cantilever frame fairly easy...

if you want the same frame style as your schwinn.... thats a cantilever frame
hoochs rosemary is a (schwinn)straight bar frame
and most of mine a motobike frames(or prewar straight bar)

Back