Welcome to the Monkey Ward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Almost finished, Montgomery Ward... don't know what year =not important. I built the springer from MTB 4" spring and old 20" bent Low rider fork parts. The rims are Worksman 24" , laced to 2spd in rear [ don't know if ill put the shifter on] and drum brake hub up front...Iff I brake up the smooth lines with a lever, it will be a brake lever for the drum up front. Not in stone on the seat yet [ I have others I might try]. But this is it for now...New Style-Old School Bobber:cool2:
IMG_3023_zps2qtmwgwj.jpg
IMG_3027_zpsnhmdym33.jpg
IMG_3025_zpsnzx6pkpd.jpg
IMG_3024_zpsb2kv8xt6.jpg
IMG_3030_zpsajk6sbba.jpg
IMG_3029_zpsuqfzmjqo.jpg
IMG_3028_zpsrou29l48.jpg
IMG_3031_zpsyast9t3q.jpg

Its many coats of Rust-Oleum clear Lacquer:cool2:

Yes, the seat is smaller than Big adult size, but i was looking for the Early chopper/bobber days look .....and I not totally thrilled with it, so I have others I'll try to "ring the bell " with....[ where you put a part on and in you're head you think...:eek::cool:THATS IT !..ding]

Good call on the lacquer, that glossy patina looks gorgeous. I like the stance of this bike.

Tomburr ; yes thats the "Glossy-est clear I can find in a spray can.

deven ; I got the idea years ago when first saw Jesse Rooke choppers , but didn't like his choppers much ,but loved his springer forks.....so when I saw this ....It was time to try and build one

Looks really slick. If you want to keep the lines clean but get some functionality out of the 2 speed, I've seen some cool shifters mounted down low right by the rear axle. Maybe even something spring loaded you could click with your foot...

Carl.

Thanks for the comps sensor, "Still Addicted after all these years"....:eek: :grin: :headbang::21:

It looks great throughout.

I rode a bike with the same frame, late 50's made by Snyder (Rollfast) to my first job back in the 70's. The Greenbrier van looks great too.

:grin::grin:Thanks guys, yes my '64 Corvair van Is the "Other women" of my addiction Hobbies...

update......
IMG_3231_zpsxzlnbshy.jpg
IMG_3238_zpsuncusbxh.jpg
IMG_3235_zpshkroqu81.jpg
IMG_3233_zpsobhfl9za.jpg
IMG_3239_zps0uoaiikl.jpg

Looking really good. That light fits the bike like a glove.

I dig the vintage vibe, but if it were my bike I'd be tempted to try out some low profile handlebar grips, or even tape wrapping the bars. That's just my 2 cents, though.

I dig the fat grips, it calls attention to the bars, and the motorcycle bars Outsider always uses are kind of his signature.

The bike looks great man! I haven't seen you around at any events lately, probably because I haven't had the time to out to many myself. I hope you and the Mrs. are well.

Hey ruddigger, hows' it going, Ive only been to the LB swap lately, too busy with my van and the corvair club stuff. Maybe catch up during summer for a ride...you still cruising' Hermosa beach or with Cyclone guys...they should post their rides here.
later :cool:

Back