WCC boardtracker???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

well its time to build something new. been kicking around ideas in my head. i want to do something cool but i can ride in comfort somewhat.
i am shooting for little or no new pipe, low cost and to be BAD DONKEY!!
so pipe up and let me know what ya think.
what i have
6171_1117846545887_1218698454_30401588_5883108_n.jpg

what i want
6171_1117846985898_1218698454_30401589_5880716_n.jpg

well my plan is to make 2...
after many different ways of drawing the frame i said yeah that's it!! showed my buddy. then he asks are you gunna fit? don't know i said?!?!?!?
so i sat on it and then i figured i should snap a pic with me on it to better judge what has to happen.
07-18-2009075205AM.jpg

looks like rake will change to accommodate crank travel and comfort.
was thinking seat pan but a fat girl seat will put me up 4 to 6 more inches and softer.
also i have a puch 21" drum brake front wheel with speedo that might find its way on here but i like the fat tires on it

i'm thinking that i should be able to cut and bend the tubes to achieve all but one piece from whats on the bike.
i have 3 of them but would like to work it so i can make two.. we will see i guess.

if it were me, i'd stretch it out even longer and try to keep the seat right where your sitting. its the super low seat that really sets that bike off (imo).

alittle longer and it should be alot more comfy on the leg's. too long and its your back you'll have to worry about. :)
a longer set of bars should help.

got a set of 21" puch rims myself that i been dy'n to use.

That is a great idea but that WCC is too nice to be hacked up. :lol: Now if you had something like this, go for it. :mrgreen:

dsc04686.jpg

Nah, only joking. Have fun! The huge tires would look awesome on your board track build.

input is why i posted it and i agree on the seat being good where i'm setting.
i would like to go with whatever i get out of the top bar.
i want to keep away from it having the stretched look but what works is how it will be.
looking at it how it is i feel that ratio me to bike looks good,
rake has grown on me now and as long as no peddle/steering issues pop up in mock up i think i might have my next baby :D

schwinnmesa nothing is ever too nice to make your own :mrgreen:

I think you will find the same thing that I did in messing with frames.....Its cheaper and easier to use your idea and build from scratch ,than to try to redo an exsisting bike that radically. Tubing Is really pretty cheap. :lol: It looks like from your drawing there is no way you will be able to ride without hitting your feet on the front wheel...Unless its just straight. Good luck with your build.

Uncle Stretch said:
I think you will find the same thing that I did in messing with frames.....Its cheaper and easier to use your idea and build from scratch ,than to try to redo an exsisting bike that radically. Tubing Is really pretty cheap. :lol: It looks like from your drawing there is no way you will be able to ride without hitting your feet on the front wheel...Unless its just straight. Good luck with your build.
right on i hear ya Uncle Stretch. drawing is just a way for me to in vision what i'm shooting for.
backbone curve and head tube rake is what will make or brake placement of crank and if i can use the pipes i got.
not at all against new pipe but if i can jig saw two of these together with some tweaking / thinking and it turns out cool
i'll be stoked. :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm a big fan of kenny p's work.I got pics of one of his bikes from him and was all geared to do it but although kenny's. Bike is bad to the bone. Its not mine. I will pop over there to see what he has been doing. Haven't seen him here in a while.

looking at your drawing i see the biggest issue being the angle of the head tube making that front wheel way too close to the tire as well as your feet. it would be fine as long as you never turned.

ok tonight is "D" day gunna round up the goods and roll out to my buddy's where he and i are going to try and make it happen
i snapped a new pic. not sure if i would call it "boardtrack" style.. what do you think?
the prior pic with me on it was helpful along with your posts reinforcing it needed to be longer. i was hoping i could use one bike to make one cool bike with just bending and placement. i now see i will need to use 2 to make one. i really want to use what i have to do this since it is just setting around anyway.
i can marry the pipes together. i know a good grinder/body man/painter :mrgreen:

after i moved and measured i'm prolly gunna use some apes on it so it for comfort so that will kill the boardtrack look.
it kinda reminds me of a Rooke bike this way. anywho i'll shoot build pics and post em as i go. thank guys for bouncing back ideas.
07-20-2009073239PM.jpg

i like it! you could get some triple trees, and have little bars hanging off the end so its a boardtracker.

ok i chopped up two of them. not as much material as hoped. boardtrack has gave way to custom whatever it is. still has a tough look bottom won't have a curve as planed. took longer than i thought to cut/bend and look at a pile of of two bikes and see what could be done. got home late and did a quick mock up at 3 am. still need to do some bending and tweaking but this is close to what it will look like sorry for the low light pic.
5931_1120796579636_1218698454_30411805_4520070_n.jpg

Back