WANT A LIGHT BUT.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my springer is in the way of how i would preferably want it mounted. any idea where i could put one or the types out there that might work with my set up ?

DSCF7323.jpg

DSCF7322.jpg

I suggest that you find or make some type of bracket that you can attach to your fork 'fender hole' and stick through the springer to attach to the light. A bullet-style light would fit partway between the springer arms.

GameBent said:
I suggest that you find or make some type of bracket that you can attach to your fork 'fender hole' and stick through the springer to attach to the light. A bullet-style light would fit partway between the springer arms.
yeah what he said idid that to my old lowrider i used a reflector bracket you just have to find the rite one

check the bottom of the steer tube right above the tire. On the one I just sold, there was a threaded hole for the bracket that held on the fender.

find u some small bullet lites and mount em on the sides of the bolt in the fork at the bottom of the top tube ...would look cool !!! niice bike by the way ...its amazin how u can do so little 2 a bike and make it look so much better !!!!

Schwinn used these brackets on prewar springers. Dual lights were small to medium size. You'd also need to get longer AS bolts for the yoke.
autobike1.jpg

I was thinking of mounting a siren on a springer and was going to use the 2 bracket/clamps that came off of a Schwinn rack. They are just the right size to clamp between the truss rods. Gary
DSC03935-1.jpg

there is a hole on my fork but the type of light i want it would have to stick out pretty far or it would hit the trusses.

anyone got pics of a light mounted on a springer ? i dont have a light yet so im not sure of looks.

B607, i like those mounts but im not 100% sure i know what you are talking about when it comes to mounting them. does it mount to the bolt that runs through the two forks and the steer tube under the frame ?

The brackets bolt to the yoke of the fork...one on each side where the AS bolts are. The lights mount on the end of the bracket with the two holes. It looks like this. Gary
20100330_Jims_MB005.jpg

ah , glad i asked. i want to use a larger old type of motorcycle light.

gary do the lights mounted that way move any ?

thanks karl for the pic. i do like the look.

Back