Wanna lace?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo....I am in love with bicycles,but I don't know how to lace a wheel. :roll:

I would like to but this--->http://harriscyclery.net/itemdetails.cfm?ID=813
I like the 3cross (is that right?) lace style and I am building a bike and want to paint my hoop and spokes. I would have to build the bike first and get my rear wheel done before I can have it laced. I might just do it like I did the Saints bikes. Spray the hoop and hub and hand-stripe the spokes.

So I was wondering if anyone on here is local and could do them or even ship them out and pay someone to do so. It will be later on,seeing I'm trying to build this by jan 20th if money allows.

Any takers out there!?

Well,I was just talking to Cameron and he talked me into trying it myself. I have a bike in the barn at home (4 hours away) that I will check out this weekend. I really like th brake hub up front. If it is indeed a brake hub then I will be using the all original spokes,hoop and hub. I am taking them all apart and building a bike in the color theme as my car. Pearlescent White and a custom brown I mixed named "Mother Brown"

It has some gold and orange pearl,but hard to see here
e74b4f5e.jpg

This is the brown. Its the olny picture I have up close. I was showing a fellow forum member on a different site my clearance when car is vented of the air suspension.
MarkVIII32.jpg

I want to paint the hub a blue like the lug nuts,the spokes brown and the hoop orange. Or do the hoop brown with orange nipples.

Cool Ride! ^

If you re-lace the rim in the same pattern you will have no trouble.

It only gets kinda tricky if you wanted to change the pattern (cross 2 to a cross 3)etc.

Then you would need longer or shorter spokes.

this guys funny n guess what im doin this winter oh yeah thanx :D
abe lugo said:
Hi,
here is a lacing video that helped me a lot, the brown site get a bit confusing after a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTb3x5VO ... er&list=UL

A good note if you paint and clear coat your wheels, let them dry for a good week, then color sand or polish the paint, then lace.

Back