Walmart 32" review

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just think of it as character.

I saw these in the local Wallyworld...they had red/orange...blue and green..is is just me or is it really light...and being 5' 5" tall..this thing was WAY too tall for me...and soooo long....definitely for the tall bike crowd... :shock:

I used the bathroom scale and it weighed 40 lbs exactly. That's light for a big bike. My pant leg length is only 30 and I ride with the seat raised up 4 inches. I measured the length of the seat tube from the center of the crank to the top of the tube, it's 19 inches. There's enough extra at the top to probably cut off an inch and still be able to use the clamp to tighten the seat stem. Try it with the seat all the way down, you might fit.

Also, just for information, the front sprocket has 36 teeth, rear is 16.

As for the noise, it must be coming from the rear hub, judging by the sound it makes. Where the brake parts are stationary while the rest is turning must be making a tiny bit of contact. Everything else checked out ok.

It's a Histop hub, so I think any other Histop hub's guts will change out if it goes south.

Re: Walmart 32" review

Our local walmart has a metallic red one. I rode it around the aisle and it seems like a decent bike. Funny thing is that it had the same noise you're talking about.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Checked last night at the local and they must be pretty popular...they had 5 and all of them are gone....next town over is the same...my luck... :(

old school 64 said:
Checked last night at the local and they must be pretty popular...they had 5 and all of them are gone....next town over is the same...my luck... :(

If you buy it online and use the site to store shipping you can get one and they will hold it for you.

A friend was looking for one, so I looked online, couldn't find one on their webpage, just 29ers.

Wildcat said:
A friend was looking for one, so I looked online, couldn't find one on their webpage, just 29ers.

I looked too, couldn't find it either. Weird. I know they have them.

I sent an inquiry to their webpage this afternoon, saying I couldn't find them, but that I know Walmart has them. They just replied a few minutes ago, saying they couldn't find them either when they searched their webpage. ?? That was it, they thanked me for asking. :?:

Not too good of customer service ?? I am still ticked about them taking LayAway from me.. :(

Wildcat said:
I sent an inquiry to their webpage this afternoon, saying I couldn't find them, but that I know Walmart has them. They just replied a few minutes ago, saying they couldn't find them either when they searched their webpage. ?? That was it, they thanked me for asking. :?:

Where do you buy replacement 32" tires from?
18.jpg

The last camera I bought came from walmart, but it used a micro sd card instead of the regulars so i checked their online price for cards and i found the same camera i just bought $30 cheaper with a memory card and some other junk in a bundle. Called up the store and asked them if they would price match the online price (thinking i would get money back and buy the right memory card at the same time). I was told that I would have to order the camera online at the cheaper advertised price and bring the camera i bought at the store back unused for a refund. I was told they were in no way associated with the online store and couldn't price match them, I asked them why the online store says I have to pick it up at their store if they were unaffiliated. Then and they hung up on me. :lol:

okhealthy said:
Where do you buy replacement 32" tires from?
18.jpg

They are salvaged from the bikes that wear out quickly and get put on craigslist or at yard sales.

I still think my all black onex 29er is still a tiny bit cooler, but I am already feeling the need , how much was it?

The 32"er was 199 plus tax. $218 grand total. I still haven't seen any others for sale at either of the Walmarts here.

I was thinking the same thing. Being a one speed bike and having the 32" wheels on it. Would naturally be harder to pedal up any hill. What are the other options to make it easier to get different gears on there.

The front chainring is 36 tooth and the rear looks larger than 18, maybe 21. Should make for easy cruising. Normal gear on a 26" 44t/18t.

Latest posts

Back