BO15 WAHA-SEDB-3 (TRIKE-TOR...2nd Place)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my friends yard.
IMG_20200604_130229252_HDR.jpg

GC.

I owned a David Bradley Tractor. It came with a good size single stage snow thrower. Worked great. I built a plow blade for it and it would push masses of garden dirt around. I had a hood but couldn't fit it because it had been repowered with a larger engine. I wish I had kept it.
This trike is amazing!

From my friends yard.
View attachment 124887

GC.
Nice yard art, seems to be a lot of those around.
I owned a David Bradley Tractor. It came with a good size single stage snow thrower. Worked great. I built a plow blade for it and it would push masses of garden dirt around. I had a hood but couldn't fit it because it had been repowered with a larger engine. I wish I had kept it.
This trike is amazing!
I guess people collect and restore them. I’ve seen a bunch for sale in various conditions and the show up at farm and tractor shows. Funny how the walk behind concept started with oxen and horses, moved to human powered walk behind cultivators, to the David Bradley’s.
Thanks!

Mix it up a little...
Bar tape for the win! I like the cork grips better, this is such a cool build.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cork grips now on, not sure it’s a win but thanks.
I'm sure you'll be passing me this week. I did crack 6000 first, but with me building weekends only, I bet you are the first one to 7000 views.
Doesn’t look that way at this point, OddJob close behind in view category.
Great work MF! Cork looks good, and you could darken it or brown it up with a little paint or stain if you want to. Brilliant on the bar wrap. Blends well with the other wheel spokes.
I don’t know I don’t like to make new stuff look old if I can help it. But thanks!

Now for off into the green deep end...???
d059e7078eeb93a06d9b13aff8d9ae22.jpg

504925a6f8fa6d3575dc3d3ae5b2c0c8.jpg

Maybe not, might need to stay in shallow rusty end.

Just my opinion, but I hope you stay is the shallow rusty end. :D
I do not like green eggs and ham. :D :D

Mix it up a little...

Cork grips now on, not sure it’s a win but thanks.

Doesn’t look that way at this point, OddJob close behind in view category.

I don’t know I don’t like to make new stuff look old if I can help it. But thanks!

Now for off into the green deep end...???
d059e7078eeb93a06d9b13aff8d9ae22.jpg

504925a6f8fa6d3575dc3d3ae5b2c0c8.jpg

Maybe not, might need to stay in shallow rusty end.
My two cents would be weathered John Deere green like lots of effort rustina style! Looking awesome! I wasn’t sure I liked the steering wheel until you inverted the bars! Winning!

Just my opinion, but I hope you stay is the shallow rusty end. :D
I do not like green eggs and ham. :D :D
Yah sometimes you got throw darts, knives, snd hatchets at the wall to see what sticks. I usually include paint in my builds. I suppose the chainguard is where the paint goes, looking similar to the bike frame.
Another vote for rusty! You have a great vibe going here, keep it crunchy, granola!
See above. Chainguard from white to rusty red ahead.
Be careful, green bikes are faster!
Wouldn’t want to go much faster, lol.
My two cents would be weathered John Deere green like lots of effort rustina style! Looking awesome! I wasn’t sure I liked the steering wheel until you inverted the bars! Winning!
Thanks! Thinking that a little paint equals lots of paint. I hate to destroy years of patina development on the hood and frame.
Thanks on steering wheel input.

Got up early today, cleaned gutters and finished tree trimming. Getting a Mazda serviced, bike work on hold for now.

Thanks! Thinking that a little paint equals lots of paint. I hate to destroy years of patina development on the hood and frame.
Thanks on steering wheel input.
I totally get that! I’m going to Boiled Linseed oil my frame because it’s only original once! And patina is awesome!
BBA08D3B-49A3-4D5E-8B57-087D0F3D9830.jpeg

Speaking of brush and Trike-Tor, kinda like looking for a needle in a haystack.
26689d3e3f848813356385909df0b39a.jpg

8f8186c49540cb3d1bcfa53abaaaf52e.jpg

90457397165f1f1f4df371a333c35155.jpg

The black bar tape and the grips make the steering/bar more palatable. I was rooting for just the wheel, but if you must have both, that's the ticket!

The green guard scared me. :21: Glad you're dropping that idea.

May try this chainguard on for size. Obtained back in early March at a swap meet before the pandemic became an issue.
7b3d3543a852f8303f0ee4cc82f5423a.jpg

It will probably be a little too swoopy.

Another chainguard option would be to borrow the rusty one from this Frankenbike. The frames are the same.
3efdf1ea7d8ddd2f4ecac87881c9a8a8.file

Spotted this at a flea market this morning. :)
IMG_2359.JPG

I asked to move it away from some other stuff to take the picture and was suprized that it is not as heavy as it looks!

Latest posts

Back