VOTE HERE!!! - RRBBO4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your top 3 favortie bikes!

• The Man In Black

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Greaser "Great Balls Of Fire"

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Schwinn Delorean DMC-12

• Jupiter-The Flying Finn

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dutch Racer

• Subterfuge

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Addison Speed Special

• ?RUNVS?

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • The Tenderizer

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Hooch-A-Rama

• The Rust Huffer

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Ratty News

• The Gooch!!

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Cosmic Flyer

• Sir Loin Of Beef

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • Orange County Rat "Chop Suey"

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Twice As Nice

• The Columbian

• Black Coffee With Cream

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • You Dirty Rat

• R.E.D.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nasferatu-The Koffin Kruiser

• In With A '38

• Change Of Plans

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • The Crucible

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • The Rickety Rat

• B Wok (Bored Wok)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Murrat

• Beachin' Cruiser

• Badd Mojo

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • The Blue Zepper

• Mas Patina

• LLSX-53

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Them Bones

• The Bike Formerly Known As Mr. Goodyear

• Riki-Tiki-Rati

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Board Feather

• FatRat

• Sweet Liberty

• Next Blood Clot

• "The Starliner" Cafe Racer

• Mad Max's Money Build

• The Grunge Rudge

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Stove Bolt Special

• Free Wheelin Gambles

• 1948 Hawthorne: The Claymore

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Joscats Caffeinachronism

• .... BOUND

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • For Ruby

• The Beaver

• Roadmaster Diesel

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Military Time Machine

• Rustic Hawthorne

• Billet Bullet

• The Galt Town Hooligan

Votes: 87 26.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • The Battle Cruiser

• New, Used & Reused

• Zig Zag

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • The Frightliner

• Hot Rod Scooter

• Raisin Under The Sun

• Half-a-lugi

• Eddie Munsters Other Bike "Wolfgang"

• Black No. 1

• The King Ray

• Splatter Rat

• Dirt Dobber

• Ultra Violet

• Beach Picnic

• 1963 Schwinn Racer- Plain & Simple

• Victim Of Changes

• Blackened

• Stripped And Teased

Votes: 86 25.7%
  • Hot Rod Girl

• Bad Influence

• Zepatista

• Rat Turd

• Higgoosa

• Ratty Caddy

• The Lady Rat "Spitzel"

• 63' Base

• Hiawatha Silver Bullit

• JC Jalopy

• 1/2 Six Pack Later

• Meshmerized

• Pacific Paradise Found

• Lady Luck

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • The Merc

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • The Shooting Star

• Country Rat AMF

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • GI Joe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WELL THERE ARE SO MANY NEAT BIKES TO CHOOSE FROM . DID YOU VOTE FOR YOUR FAV. I DID . MAYBE ILL GET INTO THE BUILD OFF NEXT YEAR ,OR THE NEXT AFTER . IAM SURE MINE WOULD HAVE BLING BLING .FROM THE LOOKS OF IT THAT COULD GO AGAINST ME , SO ILL DO WHAT I DO ANY WAY. LATER FOR NOW! :shock:

JoeyMac said:
lobsterboyx said:
Heavy Pedal said:
1) Not too many of my fellow bike builders are Metallica fans

james hetfield is an 4$$h013 who demands dollars for autographs. i used to be a fan until paso 2006...

Don't worry, regardless of what people think of Metallica, your bike is still cool. :)
Thanks, Joey! To me, that's as good as a vote! :D

ej599 agreed that bike is cool because it is clean. i personally dont much like diamond frames but thats just me to each his own and thats cool too. although i will say i LOVE doodads and widgets, and whatchamacallits as long as they do something. case in point i was not much for that art bike posted a few days ago in the bike talk section. sticking things like that to a bike is just strange to me. but if you can do it with style then its cool. both of our bikes are good cases for that we make our widdgets work :mrgreen:

Doo dads can be very cool, when done right-like your bike. But sometimes I feel they detract from the bike. I think 'Plain and Simple' is just right without em. Aesthetically diamond frames are at a disadvantage in comparison to other frames so when a guy can overcome this, in my book that's an accomplishment. It ain't easy making a diamond frame look good. Also in boardtrack racing bicycles they primarily used diamond frames and I think those bikes are cool as heck. That was a dangerous sport. Really, D-frames are the work horse of the bicycle-racing bikes, touring bikes, delivery, the large percentage of them were D-frames so I think it's cool when their customized.

kingplinker said:
I am only about 50 points behind the leaders! Watch out guys! Hee Hee... I Love doo-dads! If I ever win the lottery I will buy an isle of nuts & bolts. I spend more time looking for nuts & bolts than building a bike it seems sometimes. WOW these bikes are cool or what! Nice....

What's cooler than a come from behind finish!
My R.R.B.B.O. 5 bike will have doo dads, just because I've realized i don't have any bikes with em! Should have at least one.

deorman said:
Sorry, Mastronaut, you're out. Someone stuck you with a vote! :lol:

That one vote warms the cockles of my heart. First and foremost I'd like to thank GOD, my parents, my high school shop teacher, the person who left this diamond in the rough at the dump for me to beautify, and of course Rat Rod for giving me the opportunity to paste my work. Oh and all my FAN, Thanks! :lol:

Holes are just like doo-dads, except they exist in negative space. :roll:

I am growing more fond of doo-dads, aka accessories, than I once was. I hated any and all accessories as a racer/shop mechanic, customers always pick out the stupidest things that they shouldn't put on their bike, and make you put 'em on. I have come around to the point where I realize that accessories are like anything else - if you can do it with an installation that looks like it's meant to be there, and/or is very mechanically appealing, it works. otherwise I too like the clean and simple treatment.

is it just me,or does anybody else find it odd that only about 200 people,out of a membership of over 3000 now,has taken the time to vote! :shock: just seems like an awfully small percentage to me. at least its more personal! :lol: :lol: :lol:

doo dads?! did you say doo dads?!!! you're preaching to the choir :lol: :lol:
i was joking with some guys at the show today that my build-off tandem was a case of "idea-diarhea" :shock: :lol: :lol:
i think maybe i went a little over-board :roll: but you know..... to each his/her own. there are some bikes out there that look cluttered just for putting a light on the front. it's all in the name of fun, and i had a blast!
i do know my next project will be much more "simple" (and not because i put all the doo dads on the tandem! :lol: )
keep on building, and keep on riding!!!

i wouldnt say its over done! spent some time looking your bike over today and nothing was overdone and gaudy....was planned out well and really clean(heck...even for the first time striping the lines were even good!)
and just so you all know..karfers bike is completely rideable.....he put a few miles on it tonight :mrgreen:

i was bumed i could not see twise as nice close up i dig that bike a lot and i am not a tandem kinda guy. after this is all said and done we do need to get all the nor cal rat rod members together for a party where at iduno but as those who have come to my house in galt know i have a lot of land. just a thought and all others are welcome too

Looks like almost 600 votes to me - and club is only 2,600 members I think, BUT I agree, where are the other 2K people?

Guess it does not mater that much really, even if it's 5 people voting there would still be top choice - - - and aren't we all winners anyways - builds get better - ideas get stronger - things are good...

All I know is I did not vote for my own, and I have one vote, so that means (to me) that there is at least one person in this world as cool as me (hee hee) and that makes for a better planet in general :mrgreen:

I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT THESE BIKES!!! WOW :!: Holy Macaroni...

kingplinker said:
Looks like almost 600 votes to me - and club is only 2,600 members I think, BUT I agree, where are the other 2K people?

Sadly, that is the way of internet interest boards. Heck, there were a half dozen bikes built for RRBBO4 that weren't even posted in the completed section, the members just built them and forgot, I suppose. :(

Regardless, I know it sounds lame to say "we're all winners" but man, I think everybody who finished won something.

Woah! Voting was more difficult than I thought! But everybody here already knows that. Would catagories (in the event of massive RRBO entries) be helpful? There could still be a "Best of Show" for the finalists of the finalists... The ones I used to ground my own evaluation were: Theme, Formulated Style (includes Board-tracker, Chopper, Klunker, etc), Klean Bike/Mr. Ms. Clean, Paint Job/Detail, Ratty Restoration.

Anyway, I can't thank everyone enough for putting this much fun online. And regardless of vote counts I am psyched at the thought of all, or any one, of these bikes being on the road!! Enjoy them one and all!

with one more day of voting, i can say that everyone close to me, girlfriend, mom, friends are all sick and tired of hearing about how their dear lobsterboyx is doing in an internet bicycle buildoff. i couldn't have had more fun, to talk with and share ideas with other enthusiasts is what the internet should be. since the buildoff has started, its given me tons of ideas and keeps me awake at night thinking about the next build.

:shock: I swear on my soul.. 666 the number of the beast was playing so I had to pick .... Bound!! :shock:

What a great bunch of artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Back