"Vintage" Supergoose BMX...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I guess I have finally made it to the "dark side". Ever since I got into old bikes, I have been looking to find a replacement for my childhood bike. It was a 1983 Supergoose that I had put red and yellow parts on, and it was an awesome bike.

They only made this style Looptail Supergoose for 2 years so they are hard to come by. For almost 9 months I had a pending deal with a guy in Austrailia to buy a F/F set, but problems and delays just kept putting the deal off. I kept and eye on the BMX Museum too, and tried to find one, but untill now, came up empty.

A few weeks ago, I got in touch with a guy who had one he was restoring using the OA method. We struck a deal for a reasonable price, although it was more than 3 times what I paid for any other bike I own. Had to sell a few things to fund it, but I paid for it tonight! Here is the link to the bike as I'm getting it:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/mongoose/25675/1

I still need to put a few different things on it to come closer to "my" bike, but this is good for now. Hopefully I will not be too big to ride it. :D :shock:

Dan

Nice bike. The old school Chrome Bmx's are one of the sharpest looking bikes. Kinda regret selling the Redline I had.

I am glad you found your childhood bike. It almost makes me feel as good when someone on RRB finds what they have been looking for for so long, as when I find my own treasure. I am proud for you. :D :D

Thanks guys! I'm pretty excited about getting it. I should have it this weekend or early next week.

Dan

Back