Vintage Redline BMX Date Help...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Posted this below at OS BMX and have had no reply..

Multipass / Ratfink / Armand / others ????

maybe you could ask around and see if you can Date this Old Redline BMX I am about to buy,

Peace,
Kev.

I had a Guy who watches out for Old Bikes for me
call.Below is How he has described the Bike...

and you can tell he's not a Bike Guy,
But I can't think which year and Model he's talking about.

He said he has an Old Redline,
The Logo is apparently Painted on the Chrome Tube with a Signature he can't read.
( I'm guessing it's Probably Stu's Signature )

Thunderbird Headset
Dia-Comp Brakes
Tange Seat
Lightning Bolt cut out on The Drop outs with the serial number...

R72490

without Running out to my Truck to Drive 2 hours,
I'd Love to ID The Bike and Year...
any help would be awesome,

Post some pics when you get it - the description isn't bringing anything to mind for me.

Here's my Redline (blatant, blatant showing off on my part :mrgreen: )

redline1jv4.png

-Mp

Oh man, that Kuwahara ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! I had a sweet chrome KZ1 back in the day....and I miss it dearly. I have a friend who has one....but it's in his attic, and the goofball is in no hurry to get it down for me :cry:

TexasXXX said:
I have a friend who has one....but it's in his attic, and the goofball is in no hurry to get it down for me :cry:

Build Him a Rat Rod Cruiser as a Gift !
after a week of Riding His Free Rat Rod Bike.......he'll Pull it Down!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Kuwi in the background is a 1983 KYZ purchased new on Feb 26, 1983 (I still have the bill of sale - packrat genetics you know) My buddy had bought a white/blue KZ1 a few months earlier. At the time, I thought he was nuts to spend over $300 on a bike. The first time I rode that KZ1, I knew that I absolutely had to have one.

There’s a very slim chance I may be able acquire the KZ1, but it’s a long shot. on the plus side, there are still components from it in my Pile O’ Parts (there’s that packrat thing again…)

-Mp

*Not to hijack this thread, but there’s one more old-schooler in the stable I think you guys will like – watch this space for pictures. (bike is at my folks, thus the delay)

Clothespin "n" said:
TexasXXX said:
I have a friend who has one....but it's in his attic, and the goofball is in no hurry to get it down for me :cry:

Build Him a Rat Rod Cruiser as a Gift !
after a week of Riding His Free Rat Rod Bike.......he'll Pull it Down!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL, in all honesty, he'll probably just give it to me....I'm just impatient and want to build it NOW! :mrgreen:

The third and final BMX of my younger days (apologies for the less than great pic):

performerzf4.png

It needs a good cleaning :roll: and these wheels have to go back on:

gtwheelie4.png

-Mp

sweet performer!!!! I agree put the zees back on it. I'm in the process of restoring my 83 patterson and just built a set of black zees for it . I'll post pictures when i have finished it.

well..
It's not a Redline...but it has Redline Stickers.
I have asked a lot of Very Smart BMX and Bike People..
and they are Stumped!!!

I'll Post it up again in another Post and Maybe someone will know ... it is!

Thanks Guys,
Kev.

Back