Vintage CCM Double bar barn find. (CCM Hercules Heavy Duty Model)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your bike turned out wonderfully awesome. It's also great that it was your Grandfathers for long. As time goes on I grow more fond of vintage skinny tire bikes.

P.S. I like the fact you included a couple pics of it being ridden. To few people include ride shots like that IMO.

I agree the vintage skinny tire bikes are growing on me too. The bike that really got me going on vintage skinny tire bikes Is the Birkshire (not sure how to spell it) that some one built for the latest RRBO. I think it was also a red one with white tires. The interesting thing too is I posted pictures of this CCM on my face book and i got like 20 likes on it in a day. I also posted the Roadmaster that i spent way more $ and time building and i got like maybe 2 likes total. So I guess they must be the new favorite vintage bike trend?

I thought the ride shots would be fun thanks for the complements.

Yeah, we get CCMs down here in the States sometimes, but y'all have most of'm hoarded up there in Canuckistan-- which makes perfect sense.

I want a CCM Flyte so bad, i can taste it.

Were CCM's sold in the States? That is pretty cool that you get them out your way sometimes! I know of a guy that I have emailed with occasionally that I found through a Kijiji add. He is a CCM collector there is a possibility that he might have a Flyte. I am not sure if he ever sells stuff though. Here is the add that I found him through if you want he might be able to help you find one:http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-bike/w...ers/337934886?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks for the link; I'll try and look him up... Shipping from the Great White North tends to be brutal, from what i've seen....

I'm not sure if CCM had official US distribution or not, but it seems that they dominated the Canadian market for a looooong time, so at the very least, some have trickled down here as well. But, they do occasionally pop up--- most often, non-descript lightweights with 26x1 3/8 or 700c wheels.... If I saw something like your grandfather's bike pop up locally, I'm pretty sure I'd have to snatch it up. I've never seen CCMs like that in-person; only on the internet...

Eye candy: http://www.ccmflyte.com/

Back