Vintage Cars/Trucks Left To Rot....PIC HEAVY..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikeeebikey said:
Vintagebikelover24 said:
mikeeebikey said:
I have seen this so many times....sad day in car heaven when they finally are crushed. :cry:

But there is a silver lining, I have personally ran acrossed a few that were in poristine or even showroom condition and the owner gave me a realistic price, like I found 5 years ago a 65 Shelby Mustang for the paultry sum of $6500.00
I did the right thing and got it to a car collector. No restoration needed!

I would love to have had that deal! 65/66 mustang is my dream car!!! and to boot it was a Shelby!!!!!! I would have fainted :lol:
For me it would have been a travisty! I love the old stangs but hate the way they drive. My 90 is really a chassis with a title! I wanted to hack, cutt, and remove the 2 bodies and exchange mine for the old blood!!! Purists would have wanted to punch me!

To make you sick and proud of the OLD man that sold it to me; He has 3 boys, ran a service station starting in the 70s, early 70s! His boys would not work for him, would not learn cars or have anything to do with them except drive them. He said, "I will not give these boys my pride and joy to be destroyed." That was my determining factor not to cutt it up. Also the odometer said 1800 miles. He bought it in cally, drove it to Carrol Shelby's, stayed in a motel for 2 weeks while the Shelby boys had their way with her, then drove it to Alabama wher he put it in storage! It had the original parts in the trunk, original tires were there as well!

I also heard from the youngest boy a couple years after Dad died, he said, "do you still have my Mustang?" "I am going to sue you for more money...." I hung up!

That is truly amazing aha what a story behind a great car

A guy at my last church told me a story about a truck. On his business travels he would pass this trailer with an old (50s) pickup. Each time he rode past it he thought about it being a father/son project, so finally after a few years of seeing this truck rotting away one day he stopped to ask about it.

An older man answered the door and he asked him about the truck. The man came outside with a younger boy (son/grandson?) and the looked the truck all over. Inside, outside, under the hood, it needed a lot of work. The guy asked him, how much? The man stood silently for a while and then looked at his son/grandson and said "See, I told you, that as long as you have something someone wants, you'll always have money." Then he turned to the man and said "It's not for sale."

Ugh... these people were POOR too.

Back