Very Original Survivor 69 2 Speed Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Picked this up about a week ago off a C.L. Posting, very original right down to the tires. This one is a Fenderless, and has the 2 speed kickback hub.
33d2838b71187ae956498a3d74c1c167.jpg

Nice. Was that the first year with the mag chain ring? '70 was the last year for the kickback. Gary

Nice. Was that the first year with the mag chain ring? '70 was the last year for the kickback. Gary
Yes, The small sprocket went away in 69 on the Stingray, Stingray Deluxe, FairLady, and Slik Chik they all got the Mag Sprocket. The Junior and Lil Chik continued on with the small sprocket.

Has the front brake been added? I have a very similar '68 with the small sprocket and no front brake.

Don't think it's been added, my 67 (2 Speed) has the same setup. Forks on both bikes were manufactured with the hole for the front brake. Here is my 67 that one has the small sprocket with the 2 Speed.
2ce84cf83d928a412222ed47bef5a3d0.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE IT !!!!!!

same color as my 69 fendereless (5 speed ) , which I still have to reassemble, oops... used to hate the green but it keeps growing on me when I see a nice one. Congrats.

Back