Vancouver Vintage Bike Show and Swap Meet, Sunday June 17th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only once a year!: Vancouver's 6th Annual Vintage Bicycle Show and Swap Meet. Sunday June 17th 9:30 am to 3pm. 215 E. 17th (off Main St) at the Cambrian Welsh Hall.Join in for this great annual event! Many unique vintage bicycles and parts on display and for sale. Find that special bicycle project or missing part! Balloon tire, Muscle/ banana bikes and vintage BMX. Vintage Skateboards will also be featured. $2 Admission. Cheap vendor spaces available too. For more info: Dave 604-779-7170 or email.

It was awesome..
I saw some BEAUTIFUL Bikes and met some great friends..all in one Spot!

and I traded an Old Road Bike for a Rat Rod Corvette Schwinn.
With a Cool Springer / Strut Combo

My First Schwin..Yaa Hooo!
:mrgreen:

I saw a couple of other Vancruisers but I didn't see you. :( I got some apehangers and some NOS block pedals. :mrgreen: It wasn't as good as last year but it was fun. They should definately have it more than once a year. I brought my camera but in all the excitement I forgot to take pictures. :roll:

Yup! is was great! I went right after work and met up with Big Daddy. Saw Kev and Josh(brokeassbuilder) plus another great guy...not sure of his name but he knew Kev!

I got some great deals found a brand new set of Electra fenders with the side flares $10 and an old set for the same price. a great stem for $10 and some old school peddels for $5 aswell as an old schwinn chain guard for $25 (maybe a bit high but it will look great on my low and go!) the only big ticket item was a new set of 24" coaster rims with Kenda 3" tires for $100....around here that set at the LBS would cost me aprox $175+ plus tax so I'm happy with it. Lots of cool bikes even an old Indian bike

sorry......but I too forgot my camera :x :oops: Big daddy scored big time getting a new set of 20" coasters with 3" Kenda's ....for $50 and a set of 26" Kenda's for $20 man do they look :shock: great on his custom. He should post some pics soon.

I have to meet up with The Guy mark and make The Trade,

It's a 67 Corvette( from what I understand )
It has a set of MULTI SPOKED 26 inch dayton Wheels( which
I will be selling ) and it has a Cool set of Springers on it.

It's a Rat Built Schwinn that Rides nice.
He was asking A Lot for it,
but The Bike I Traded him for it was one I got a Very
good Garage sale Deal on.

So, lets just say I got a Good deal,
and he's a Young guy who Just opened
up a Custom Raodie / Track racing Bike shop.
So he is exstatic to get it for his collection.

I am happier to see my Road Bike go to a Guy who
will appreciate it a lot more than I do!!!

and I will Own my First Old Schwinn :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll Post Pic's when I make the Trade..
good seeing all The Forum members their Today.

........ has a Lot of cool BMX stuff! :mrgreen:

Kev.

Wish I lived closer - sounds like it was a great time.

I know you've been wanting a Schwinn for a while Kev, glad to hear you've landed one (pictures! we need pictures!) Maybe broke will post up some of his BMX stuff too :D

-Mp

know how you feel! the last few people from craigs list has screwed me :x :x

It would seam shaking hands does not carry the same value anymore :?

I had a guy come by to buy my sharkfire but because it had 26" tires, it was too high for him and he did not want to have to go and get 24s. Nor could he get to the swap meet to find some. He said if I go to the swap meet and find a good set he would buy the bike! we shook hands and that was that

So being the nice guy that I am I offered to hold the bike for him and if I find a set of 24s I would get them for him. After going and finding the tires and placing them on the bike I phoned him to tell him the good news and the bike is ready for pick up!

His answer.........oh after I talked to you I found another bike bla bla bla and Im going to the swap meet.......I express to him in no uncerten terms many things and placed the phone down!

:? :x

well...well...well..I got a Return E mail from The Guy,
funny Thing,Right after I listed The Bike of mine I wanted to Trade,
...On Craigsliat.

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/bik/355175733.html

so, I guess I'll Trade him my Fausto Coppi,

Armandgil...those Wheels Might be up for sale,
or Trade for another set of 26's

I'll Post Pic's when the Deal is Finalized.

Latest posts

Back