Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to buy a bike from a guy, but he wants to sell this one as part of the “package”. Anyway, he wants me to make a fair offer, however I have no idea on the value of this bike.

Hiawatha Jet… has a Spaceliner look to it, from the 60’s (I’m guessing), with taillights, & in very good condition. I’m just trying to get an idea on what would be a good price to offer for this.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
s24NWb1jxfGruE_MGbVXPgjrxO_Ric3Lhk9fxb1jyATJRnwj_mbwxUl9glLl5pfV4Wnd9p9nSbY4_EwE4MlD_eNSPHD2CCntvcsgJy39SER-dTf-e_fYn3_pR-dZgpmMGvmr=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
It's AMF built, in Arkansas probably early 60's going by the dropouts and star sprocket. And it has the seat stem that tightens like a handlebar stem. It's looks to be in great shape and original, but missing the fenders. It's a chrome or bright silver frame? I'd offer $75 and see if that would fly. Then I would go as high as $100 but that's because I would want it as my primary bike to ride.

Agreed built by AMF and is basically the same as their Jet Pilot. It certainly does look great. Probably won't be to bad to find fenders. The seat is there and that is normally missing on many of these.

Space-age bicycles are always popular and sell well. Fenders won't be a problem; they were all pretty interchangeable at this point. Everything else appears original and it also looks as though it has a Bendix automatic 2-speed out back which is 50-75$ any day of the week by itself. A perfect rider in good condition that will retain its value.

Looking again, the big basket isn't dinged up at all, and the seat looks unused also. I'll bet it was barely ridden. They probably took the fenders off to make it look cool. They would have been peaked fenders, but a set of standard chrome fenders would look good also. I'd maybe go higher than a hundred if it rides well.

Latest posts

Back