Va Beach bike show April 6th - Updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm in discussion with Chicho's on 29th St at the beach about doing some sort of bike show/swap thingy maybe next month. Who all would be interested? Weather should be pretty decent by then.

Update: 1pm April 6th at Chicho's at the beach. 29th and Pacific. Altered Suspension Lowrider Club will be sponsoring the bike show portion of it. Awards in multiple categories (determined by the types of bikes that enter). Figure on 10$ or so to enter. Chicho's will block off a portion of the parking lot for the bike show and swap and have an outdoor ABC permit for us.

Re: Va Beach bike show - gauging interest

I'm interested, I can bring a couple bikes and parts to sell.
Kenny

I'm interested...I'll help in anyway I can.
I'd love to have some type of bike swapmeet here in the Va. Beach area.

Please contact me directly if you're interested in attending or setting up tables or whatever Kim feel appropriate.
This is a long time coming.
I know there are a few members hgere in the area and a few accross the NC border.

Wow...I'm excited...I know one thing, I need to check out Chicho's Pizza.

Here is my number and email
[email protected]
757-751-0111

I'd be interested; probably looking to pick things up and maybe show a bike or two, but haven't collected much in my personal inventory yet.

Bill

Should have details out by this weekend. It will most likely be on the 6th (sorry Ken) and Chicho's will block off part of the parking lot for the bikes and so we can have adult beverages out in the sun (hopefully). Altered Suspension, the Norfolk lowrider club, has asked if they can be a named sponsor of the event and I'll work on some music. Not sure how much of an actual competitive "show" for the non-lowiders we can put together so I'm billing it as a bike fest right now.

I'm in again, I can be at the show by 1:00pm.:mrgreen:
Kenny

I'm in! I'll bring a couple of bikes and some stuff to sell. what's hot at the beach these days? I have some original stingrays, a '65 typhoon, his and hers dyno kustom kruisers, and the like. I will show my firebike and nirve chopper.

Is the $10.00 entry fee per participant, or $10.00 for each bike a participant brings.
Kenny

Ohhh man! I don't know how I can miss this! Let me see if I can rearrange my plans and leave after this show/fest. It's only my 30th wedding anniversary! She should understand, right? We've done this 29 times already!

This sounds like a great time! I can't honestly say "count me in", but I sure am on the fence!

Here's the deal with the entry fees. 15$ for the first bike, he'll knock it down for any additional bikes. Pretty sure I have him down to 5$ for each additional. They're just making sure they cover the cost of the awards they ordered. All we need now is decent weather, and for me to finish the 3 bikes in pieces in my garage.

Kim, getting close and time is ticking away. Stopped in at Seashore Bikes on Shore Dr and he wants to put his belt drive lowrider in the show. He had asked me to haul it for him as I'll be bringing a 10' trailer. But, he may just bring it himself and leave it as his shop has been booming lately with the warm weather.
His bike looks nice and he has had custom painted shop advertisment put on the bike. Not my cup of tea but, I'll help out when I can.

Are all entrants for the show supposed to pay the day of the show and then it will be determined how many classes there will be?

Looking forward to the bike fest and hope the weather stays wrm and the locals find time to come by. Va. Beach needs this.

JD

jd56 said:
Kim, getting close and time is ticking away. Stopped in at Seashore Bikes on Shore Dr and he wants to put his belt drive lowrider in the show. He had asked me to haul it for him as I'll be bringing a 10' trailer. But, he may just bring it himself and leave it as his shop has been booming lately with the warm weather.
His bike looks nice and he has had custom painted shop advertisment put on the bike. Not my cup of tea but, I'll help out when I can.

Are all entrants for the show supposed to pay the day of the show and then it will be determined how many classes there will be?

Looking forward to the bike fest and hope the weather stays wrm and the locals find time to come by. Va. Beach needs this.

JD

Yup. Registration is day of. Classes will determined based on number of entries and what types of bikes actually enter. I think some of the Richmond East Coast Cruisers guys are coming down too

Sounds like it's going to be a good show.
What time does the show end?
Maybe after the show we can have a cruise down the boardwalk.
Kenny

kensmurray said:
Sounds like it's going to be a good show.
What time does the show end?
Maybe after the show we can have a cruise down the boardwalk.
Kenny

We haven't really defined an end to the show but I guarantee that at some point we will all roll out en masse. I organize bike bar crawls at the beach that we call Tour de Shore and there's nothing cooler than getting stares as a huge peloton of people cruise the strip, and that's without it being cool custom bikes.

Just wanted to give this a friendly bump to the top as a reminder for those in the area. It's a sunny, breezy, early spring day here at the beach - a great day to throw on a sweatshirt and ride over to the gathering KimDude is putting together. Hope to be able to meet some forum members there in a few hours! See you guys there.

Great show, you guys have some amazing bikes. Kinda funny watching a bunch of lowrider dudes figure out how to judge vintage bikes. Post some pica if you've got em. I totally slacked on that

Had an awesome time at the VaBch bike show yesterday. Kudos to KimDude for putting that gig together! Nicely done! Great venue! Having the low-rider dudes there showing off their style of bikes really added a very unique flair to things! That isn't my thing but I completely respect their committment, time, and money they invest in their rides. I can only hope they were looking at my vintage stuff and saying the same thing! Met a few RRB forum members, which was cool, and actually got my first close up of a wooden rim bike! There was a couple of fat tire trikes there and one entry was a stretched Worksman that was pretty nicely done. (Made me think of Unc Stretch!) There were a few custom stretched frames and a couple with some really nice custom powder coating. And then there were our rat bikes which obviously attracted me the most! Some of the RRB brethren brought some really cool looking builds. Unfortunately I did so much rubber-necking I failed to take a single pic. Sorry about that!

Latest posts

Back