US...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Us..

Here are a few of me with some of my bikes and one of me goofing off for my nephew.

My Mixte Roadkill.
RoadKill2.jpg

The first chopper I had made in years. This is the one that got me back into bikes.
TrailerTrash4.jpg

My 3 speed Streched Cruiser before paint.
WesternFlyer-MurrayBuild21.jpg

And after paint.
WesternFlyer-MurrayBuild58.jpg

Me goofing off. The eyes are agate stones.

BeadyEyes.jpg

Me hanging out with the Freak Bike Militia *Great Lakes* along with Al Petri's Bike Shop at the Grand Rapids Autorama on January 9th, 2009. :mrgreen:

alpetri.jpg

Here's a bonus pic... A picture of me (a.k.a. sleeper sedan) and my sweetie (my then girlfriend and now my wife), she hates that pic - long hair, folded in collars under the jacket, glasses on her head, etc. She's such a girl. Me, so long as I've got a shirt and the shoes on the right feet I'm good. Anyway, we were in Dover, VT at our annual brew festival over Labor Day weekend with friends. There was also a garlic festival down the road going on that weekend too. Had to drink lots of beer to get rid of that gawd awful garlic breath. :lol:

Bonus: The front left is Ian (a.k.a. ifitsfreeitsforme) and Skip on the front right (a.k.a. thatismytruck).

3207656072_d9e66de522.jpg

^^ thanks man. The guy who inked it made it falling apart, like it was worn out. A creative touch I thought. Clark that was a fun day. mmm, beer. I think this was the final tally:

Skip 27 pints
Ian 4 pints
Clark 3 pints

or something like that.

Clark, thanks for posting that. It was a good day for sure. Food, Music, Beer and Great Friends. The year before was super good. Remember that one chick that sat with us? She was so hot she turned my gay brother straight for an afternoon. Sorry guys we didn't take any photos that year.

Tell Wife she's crazy. She looked great that day. Just like she looks great today. (I'm guessing, but I bet I'm right) :wink:

About the tally, I only had 22. My personal best was the year we sat with the hot chick.

here is another photo of Ian and me at the same brewfest
n1641566631_38781_4623.jpg

Ian....nice Newcastle United kit. :wink:

Lived there for a year back in 1993...the year they won the Division 1 Championship.

Newcastle will always hold a special place in my heart.

Love them Geordies.

Rat Rod said:

Lived there for a year back in 1993...the year they won the Division 1 Championship.

Newcastle will always hold a special place in my heart.

Love them Geordies.

Every time he wears it someone asks to buy it from him.

thatismytruck said:
Rat Rod said:

Lived there.....quote]

Every time he wears it someone asks to buy it from him.

it's true...two times in bars I've been offered $40 for the shirt, and my boss covets it too.

I've been thinking... I know, dangerous.

I've been meaning to post a new topic in regards to forum members meeting somewhere once [or twice] a year, kind of a national meet if you will. I vote for Dover, VT (Mount Snow Ski Resort) over Labor Day as a start... even if it's the three of us. There is plenty of lodging right there and there's down hill mountain biking on the slope, the Garlic festival is just a couple miles away, there's the art festival at the other ski resort (forget the name), there's the nearby winery, and all kinds of cool shops for the Mrs. in Brattleboro, etc.

Perhaps there could be a West coast meet too. Perhaps somewhere in the wine country? Sonoma or Napa? There's always wine tours, train tours, and festivals... and bike tours too. :lol: [inside joke, Skip & Ian]

Hmmmmm... Of course we'd have to wear Rat Rod Bike t-shirts to identify ourselves ya know. None of this sending picture via the Internet. :D

Clark

HERE I AM ON MY GRIZZLY ADAMS RAT FINK ROD :!: :!: :!: :!:
IMG_2197.jpg

My wife and son and I just stayed at a nearby beach resort for a couple of days. They had a heap of Raleigh Retroglides as hire bikes. On one of my rides I saw a pile of these in various states of disrepair at the maintenance depot so when we left I called into the maintenance office and asked about them. They are just about to sort through them and build up more bikes from the bits and pieces that are OK. The upshot is they took my details and said they'd call me if there were any bikes/bits left. Most of the components are shot but the alloy frames all look OK, so maybe I'll pick something up that's usable.

Resortbike.jpg

A pic of me and gal, Andrea at Fiesta night parade, yes those are glow stick glasses.
DSCN0552.jpg

me and madtx at City Market bbq in Lockhart Tx, both of us just took a strong bite of jalapeno. That food is so good, all in all out of six people, we at close to four racks of pork ribs and a bunch of links. I went home and slept like a baby.
DSCN0864.jpg

Back