UPDATED POST & PICS: "Area 51 Chopper"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THIS IS AN UPDATED POST & PICS...

I renamed my bike to the "Area 51 chopper" due to its stealthy looks. This was my first ever build and I tied for first place in the Chopper - tank category at the '07 Build A Bike show in Glendale, AZ.

I started with this $145.00 Republic of China unit off the Internet that I thought had pretty decent frame lines:
StockChopper.jpg

Then turned it into this:
JeffsChopper_Left1xx.jpg

Here's a pic with one of our brand new Phreak Bike Militia shirts.
JeffsChopperShirt2xx.jpg

It is 8 feet 4 inches long!

The finish is textured black "Zolatone." This product is similar to spray-in truck bed liner only it dries harder and can be easily touched up. This bike is meant to be ridden, so a few scratches are bound to happen.

Other mods include:
- Back half frame job
- Metal, blended bodywork panels
- Custom 4130 cromoly sissy bar
- Dropped oversize seat & gel pad
- Zero offset billet aluminum BMX stem
- Ape hangar bars with LED light inserts
- Head light & tail light
- Flared rear fender
- Chain tensioner/skateboard wheel
- Axle mount kickstand
- Custom brackets
- Black dice valve caps
- '07 Tour de Fat bell ringer
- Stainless nuts n bolts

It is a blast to ride and I get many thumbs up.
Cheers 8)

Hey mastershake.

I'm not sure what you mean by "how is the frame?"
Do you mean how long is it? I don't know, but the entire chopper is 8 feet 4 inches (end of front tire to end of back tire).

I have sat on, and ridden a few other choppers, but I always feel somewhat cramped. This bike is BIG for sure, but feels right for me. I am 5 feet 11 inches tall, so I'm a bit over the "world average" for males, which is around 5 feet 7 inches.

Lheffe said:
Hey mastershake.

I'm not sure what you mean by "how is the frame?"
Do you mean how long is it? I don't know, but the entire chopper is 8 feet 4 inches (end of front tire to end of back tire).

I have sat on, and ridden a few other choppers, but I always feel somewhat cramped. This bike is BIG for sure, but feels right for me. I am 5 feet 11 inches tall, so I'm a bit over the "world average" for males, which is around 5 feet 7 inches.
Craftsmanship, feel, maybe weight.

Back