UPDATE: THE FLYER TRIPLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was still working on this bike back when I first posted a couple of photos. Now its close to finished and I thought I'd post a few shots before the snow flies up here in Wisconsin. The bike is three Western Flyers tripled up into this stylin' custom. I had to overcome some engineering challenges and it rides great now. Big thanks to Doll Face Pinstriper for layin' on those awesome lines! Hope you all like it - not exactly a Rat but still pretty wild.

Any other bike customizers out here in the Midwest give me a shout, I'd like to go to some shows next year.

2050464681_6b1d6de039.jpg

2051249252_79717fde78.jpg

2051247320_b64f8966f8.jpg

2050462741_873b9303ce.jpg

2051244990_c4b70c2e03.jpg

2050460201_9089a41e0e.jpg

2050459085_ef3f0ba845.jpg

2050458143_bb7770becd.jpg

2050457155_e0a1b8735e.jpg

2050456297_e63fd93ea1.jpg

2051238632_721dbcc05c.jpg

2051237866_28d02f9498.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!

Pretty kool, and it steers from any anywhere, you can really freak people out riding by yourself with a couple of invisable friends riding up front. Those steer from the rear tandems that a couple of the Coasters have are really fun, a triple SFR, WOW! I imagine your next project will be a triple swing bike. Oh, as far as going to shows, there is the 2008 Midwest Bicycle Fest, here in Kansas, talk to Locojoe, or just take it to the local car shows, they will get a kick out of it. Dangerous Dan

Thanks for the comments Dan - Actually thinking about doing a face down recumbant board tracker next. I'm thinking of a rear wheel with tricycle style cranks so your feet are back at the rear axle. I could use a Coker Wheelman hub with the coaster feature. I'll check out the Midwest Fest.

Larry

i love that bike. the exicution is perfect with the color, pinstripping and those wheels are awsome what are they off of? just from an enginering stand point it is amazing. beats the heck out of anything i have come up with lol

This is a very cool bike. I love, love, love those wheels. The ribbons and flags are a bit distracting for a Canadian like myself but besides that, it's beautiful. Did I mention that I love those wheels?

Hi all you Rat Rod Bikers...

The triple is now on the East Coast! I've been pretty quiet because of a move from Wisconsin to Rhode Island. Now that we're settled in I'm going to get back to some other projects. We've got a nice '51 Monarch up next.... Anyone out in New England that knows of some shows, let me know, I'd like to take the bike to a few. See you down the road!

Larry

welcome to new england there are a bunch of us in se ct check out robs ct rides under the events page. I am out in that area all the time now since my gf lives out there

Thanks for the notes.

I built the bike for my grandchildren. Of course they grow up, get bigger, and "grandpa's bike" becomes a novelty. At this point I'm kinda hoping someone else might have an interest in the bike. I like taking it to shows, but it was built to be ridden. I can't ride it, so if anyone in the New England area knows of a place where it will be ridden let me know. I am thinking of taking it to one of the New London events in hopes there will be some kids who might want to ride it.

Best,

Larry

Back