Update on the stretch bikes - video added 12/17/07

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Update on the stretch bikes

Reminds me of my chopper, but more homemade and old school with the cantilevers. Long bikes are fun to ride, once they get up to speed, they track straight as an arrow. Or maybe that's just because the rake and trail is all messed up?

BikeSide.jpg

Re: Update on the stretch bikes

Korporal, your chopper bike looks good and does look similar - at least the bottom bracket being out front.

Okay, Kingpin, here's a video of "Uncle Stretch" taking a ride on "Cheeto" - the extended stretch bike.

WOW...it looks super comfortable...how long did it take him to build this one again?

I know he recently made a comment about not wanting to build them from scratch again, but this thing is really cool looking.

I can see these being sold under the lable "UNCLE STRETCH" bikes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think this one took a week or more to build. Lots of gathering the right sized pipe, laying things out, doing things, redoing things, etc.

Not nearly as simple as taking an existing bike and changing it up.

I am going to check it out later this week and see for myself how it rides.

Rat Rod said:
WOW...it looks super comfortable...how long did it take him to build this one again?

I know he recently made a comment about not wanting to build them from scratch again, but this thing is really cool looking.

I can see these being sold under the lable "UNCLE STRETCH" bikes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
These should be branded.

i LOVE the current one hes working on, I have that blue and pewter bike in my back yard, Mine was a drag bike, A chopper, Now its a bare frame rusting away, Could you possably tell me what kind it is? Thanks. =] Love that murray got the nicest lines of them all so far.

Rickster, which bike were you asking about?

The red and white cruiser one that got stretched and then painted a pewter color afterwards?

Or the blue and gold / tan cruiser that I took a photo of behind the red bike?

If you mean that one, it was a Pacific Kulana cruiser that came with tons of stickers on it - surfer stuff. Here's the photo of that one which sells at Academy Sports here in Houston for $80.

KulanaCruiser.jpg

Over the weekend I swapped a few parts around on some of the bikes. I put the 3 speed wheels and tires on the blue stretch bike and took the single speed wheels and wide whitewalls that were on it and put them on the Remix bike.

I also installed the chainguard and my favorite front sprocket on Remix.

I'm still not sure if I will stick with the black primer - or eventually go with some color. Another idea I an thinking about is keeping the primer and going with some red rims instead of black ones - to give it a little color. So we'll see where it eventually ends up.

Here's a before and after shot of how it looks at this point ....

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

thats a rad lookin bike!
i dig the black rims....do u have any black walled fatty tyres? that would look bad as! real bobberish with a nice big black expance...

looks sick any way tho

brett

ps...im not even gonna ask!! lol

Kingpin, the only set of fat blackwalls I have are currently mounted on the Del Sol I got from Steve.

I kind of like the whitewalls on this one since they break up all of the black on it.

I have another set of rusty rims that I plan to paint red and once I get those done I will stick them on it and see how that looks instead of the black rims.

It only takes a few minor changes like that to change the whole look of a bike, that's for sure.

Re: Update on the stretch bikes - new one begun

Paul (Uncle Stretch) decided that maybe he would do better building a stretch bike from scratch, so the project has begun.

Check out the work so far ..

Looks like this might be the first post on RRB that gave RRDB Paul the name we have held in high regard. @Uncle Stretch is born! Dec 13, 2007

Back