Unocycle.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok maybe I have bumped my head one to many times or it's just from the lack of finding cool bikes lately but an idea popped into my mind the other night. I call it the Unocycle. The idea is to use 2 rears off of 2 scrap frames and mate them together at the dropouts with the single wheel in the middle with the rider either peddling from the back bottom bearing and their weight shifted forward to balance over the wheel or peddling from the front with their weight over the tire. I'm sure I can build it but not sure if it would be rideable. Heres where I'm at so far.

You would have to have a wheel that does not freewheel!

Got it all together and test rode it. need to break it down and grease everything really good. And will likely move the seat forward some.
20141023_190738_zps2ba46da0.jpg

Cool..... but I really need some video footage of the ride! Looks fun! After I think about it, this thing may be a viable ride with lots of practice.

I think I'm in love.

Please post a video once you've mastered sustained forward motion.

I didn't know you were adding skate wheels. I was curious how one would ride it with just the one wheel. It reminds me of the training wheel and handlebar kit they sell for unicyclists to learn with.

Back