Unlimit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
atb_56.jpg

Formerly known as 'Dull ATB turns Cool cruiser'.
It's the bike I'd always to get to work in the weekends at my parents for two year. And because it was a 26inch-er, I wanted to see how whitewalls looked like on the bike. Actually they are cream, which I think is way better and more 'real' looking than the pure whites. But it makes it hard to combine with other tires ofcourse... From then small and simple changes on a very tight budget were made. With the build of my Billet Bullet and my Cartboardtracker I kinda lost interest. I haven't riden it since I began building the other bikes... This weekend it occured to me that I hadn't took any 'beautypics' of the bike yet.

So here it is BEFORE:

atb_47.jpg

^ Halford's Limit 2600 ATB. (Halford = Wallmart for cars and bicycles)

And here it is AFTER:

atb_61.jpg

atb_63.jpg

atb_50.jpg

atb_59.jpg

^ Dutch leather Lepper seat

atb_52.jpg

atb_54.jpg

^ Homemade ribbed aluminum fenders and braces. Just quick instalments...

atb_60.jpg

^ out of two small pair of cheap and neat kiddy-grips I made one adultsized pair.

atb_58.jpg

atb_57.jpg

^ Homemade rearlight. Using an old chrome headlightbucket and a trailerlightlense made to fit.

atb_62.jpg

atb_64.jpg

...and now I realize that I'm gonna flip the bars back to normal and lower the stem...
That'll look much better...

As I said before... These hotrodbikes are never finished...

Just before I swapped seats with my Cartboardtracker I had some fun with two of my funniest girlfriends:

Spring 2009. Me and some of my friends taking turn on the sportseat, at the end of a succesful annual Harley Davidson meeting.

For more detailed pics and info visit the build thread: My Atb

Thanks y'all!

deorman said:
"Y'all"? Must be southern Holland! :lol: 8)

Must be watching too much dukes of hazzard lately. (that's what ya get with everyday re-runs on the telly :) But it do help broaden my english dictionary, ya know... ;-)

Actually, your're right deorman, I DO live in the southern part of Holland. :) And Dutchmen from any other part of my country DO call us 'farmers'... So there really are some similarities. Nothing to be proud of though... ;-)

Oh wow, you've just reminded me of THE ONE pic I got (to my knowledge) of my old BMX. It's a (for me unknown) Japanese competition frame. My pall sent it to the chromeplater and put redline-stickers on it. I bought it from him after the BMX-craze at the age of 11. My dad and my ex-brother-in-law are trying to fix some crank-issues... Gosh, I wish I had more bicyclepics from back in the days... But look at my kid-brother!!! He surely wanted people to know he's from the south. As a dukes of hazzard-fan he made the flag himself for a sporting-event at school (?) Age 10 I guess...

bmx_1.jpg

Makes ya think, don't it..?
;-)

Yee-Hawwww!

(for the record, this pic is NOT politically intended. Coz I do know what this flag stands for nowadays, regretfully... If anyone feels offended by this post please let me know and I'll delete this pic immediately. It is not my intention to offend anybody. It's a pic from way back when this flag represented The Dukes, innocent rebellion, rock'n'roll, etc... This scene is part of my historie. Please see it as 'historic reference'. Thanks.)

wow I have to say that you made this bike awesome, the tail light and fenders really complete it :D

gotta love the dukes of hazard :mrgreen: they are awesome!

Ah thank you mr dragsterIII. Don't forget flashy photography will push you a long way. I just tried to hide all of the ugly lines that came standard on the ATB. But it IS indeed quite a transformation if you look at the before-pics.

dragsterIII said:
gotta love the dukes of hazard :mrgreen: they are awesome!

YEAH! Todays episode was about the General Lee being remote conrolled. But they're on the point that the series started using modelcars for extreme stunts. As a kid I didn't notice, but now... It looks awful...

bummer...
:|

Back