Unintentional Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this unmarked cruiser a few months back. After a little research it turns out it's supposed to be an early Jamis Earth Cruiser. I decided I was going to tear it down and give it an '80s BMX feel when rebuilding. Well, I tore it down and started stripping the paint when life interrupted. My mom had a stroke which put her in the hospital for 4 weeks. Two weeks into mom's hospital stay my wife has to go back to our home state of Wisconsin for almost a month to take care of family business. This left me with our two little girls and no real free time to restore a bicycle. So there is this bike sitting in my garage completely torn down and about 2/3 of the paint stripped and then it turns out we're moving back to Wisconsin...NOW!! I decided I'd better at least get the bike thrown back together to make the move. Much easier to move a bike than a bunch of bike parts. I quickly finished stripping the paint, threw on a few coats of primer, and some new tires I had. What was initially going to be a retro BMX-style cruiser was now something I liked much better, and didn't even intend on doing. I like this thing so much that it's just going to stay this way. I know it's just paint and different tires, but sometimes simple is good.
And now...the pics.

65df3cba175c4b2c948670aad78742c9.JPG

77d64686ddd44c8dbad35743f5c7f990.JPG

76bb6f5149de4569b6edfa90c2b77472.JPG

a6849bed4cb5499c906061787ff20373.JPG

4a1da1770706487794bf43d4ffc6fc82.JPG

Those tires are the money. A++
I'm glad to see it come together.

You and your family are in our prayers.
The shadows prove there's sunshine!!!

1manta said:
Nice Thrasher Blacksheep! I like the neck and bars set down low like that.It looks solid. What kind of forks are on it?

Thanks! I have no idea what the forks are. No marking on them, just what I'm assuming was stock on the original bike.

iamtheandyman said:
Those tires are the money. A++
I'm glad to see it come together.

You and your family are in our prayers.
The shadows prove there's sunshine!!!

Thanks. Things are getting better, but we still have to make the move back to Wisconsin from Colorado. It will be great to be back with some old friends and family, but leaving family here and the beautiful weather and mountains.

Back