Unfair Marriage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So i got bored the other morning, i had 2 frames from other projects laying around so lets see what i can make with my little welding skill, my new welder and a bunch of frame parts. here is the 2 frames i started with but i forgot to take a picture of what is done so far.

Well guys ill be working on it a little more today after work so ill have some pic of my crappy welds and odd ideas for you guys to help me with lol. Does anyone know where to get copper spokes?

I am not sure if a chrome shop would do it to spokes, but part of the chroming process is copper layer, if you can cover the threads (or chase them later with a die) and have a chrome shop stop at the copper layer. :idea:

I am waiting to see which way you go with these frames. I love to see the creativity of others here.

Ok so here is my update, i got a little time in to work yesterday the first 2 pics are from before i started and the other 2 are at the end of the day. I hacked the down tube off so i could bent it a little to my liking, then after remounting it i cut the old bb out of the purple frame and started looking for a way to make that my new rear end. As you can see there is a sloppy gaped area that im going to try to fill in with some sweet effects.

So here is what I got done today, grinded down some welds and started to clean them up. Cleaned up most of the old leftover tube as well. Here is the frame as it sits, The mid bar is just sitting in there but will be welded when i get a chance to get back over there.
Then i started working on my fender at the same time, Took a semi long rear and a short front to make a extra long rear, my mig welder didnt like that thin metal so its going to take a lot of building up and grinding down but its coming out nice.
What are you guys thinking so far? any suggestions or ideas?

I like it so far. You took two ugly bikes and are putting them together into something that may be kinda cool. You bend your pipes with a torch too? do you pack them with sand first? I like the fender. It'll wrap around well. Get a little Jb weld to fill in the holes and just sand it down. After its painted it'll look fine. It's different. Its good to see even ugly bike have a purpose.

Im going to take that as a compliment i think. Im going to do some more filler welds on the fender then grind it clean and see how it comes out.

Im liken it,love wrap around fenders,I would have tried a hiden hinge system underneath and incorperated into the fender struts so the strut hides the hinge area,so taking off the wheel would be easier by lifting the fender to remove the wheel.....o.k all I am thinking of is the cool factor at the sunday bike show and shine "pop up fender anyone" which may lead to "yer its cool....but pop up's is where its at" :lol:

^^^^Thats not a bad idea i am no where near done yet i tend to be a slow worker so it still might have some more ticks up its sleeve lol.

Man its been a year since i was able to work on this thing and she is about to come back from her nap and get back on the road

Back