Uncanny Lever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A friend gave me his old Next mtn bike that was covered with funk. This chrome frame was under the peeling blue paint. Robbed the wheels and tires (chimichanga) off my old mtn bike. Got the Schwinn bars, pan seat and rusted rack from RRB forum bros. The lame pedals were salvaged from my sons old bike but they're better than what I had. The front cable was a little short for the bars so I switched sides with the levers. Now the front brake is on the "right" side (pun intended). It rides awesome and is so comfortable. Mick

e4d811e8.jpg

As my rides furthered, the tin pan alley seat seat became a little hard. I already stole my wife's wheels and tires so I stole her seat too. The bars, rack and license plate came from some really cool forum bros. Heyslugger blessed me with the sweet retro Schwinn gooseneck. Santa left the flashlight / headlight in my stocking and my union rep hooked me up with the hardhat light / tail light. I'm still having fun. More pics to follow.

80d3e5c8.jpg

Wow. That's turning a ho-hum into a looker. Well done. Is the finish on the frame just polished steel?

wheelbender6 said:
Wow. That's turning a ho-hum into a looker. Well done. Is the finish on the frame just polished steel?

It's chrome. I found the chrome under a peeling blue paint. I've only steam cleaned it so far but I plan to polish it one day.

Thanks, Mick

Man! Way to go. That's a cool stem. What is that?

I got a "Mongoose" BMX from the dump, and cleaned the frame up, chrome looks great!
I think we need a new thread!

jackdaw said:
Man! Way to go. That's a cool stem. What is that?

I got a "Mongoose" BMX from the dump, and cleaned the frame up, chrome looks great!
I think we need a new thread!

I think the stem is from a repop Schwinn Phantom. Maybe called a razor back design. I love it. I say repop because I know my bike is Chinese and the stem fits...

Chrome is fun! I have my son's chrome Banshee (maybe pacific) BMX too. It it probably 12 years old. I may have to polish it too. My granddaughter rides it so I thought of setting it up with pink rubber.

Back