Un-badged bike - Roadmaster?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has the nicest patina mix of bluish/greens and rust, but am curious as to year and make.
This is one of those "I would never paint that" bikes for me, so maybe a clear coat.
Any ideas are welcome as well, so feel free to speculate.

M1440014.JPG

JC Higgins. The chain guard is the giveaway, made by Murray. I gave one like that to my brother a few years ago.

Thanks, guys -

I'm still trying to keep the whole manufacturer<>branding thing straight in my head.
So far, the chainwheel has been a good clue (though not 100% reliable as frame details, since they can be changed out) - and of course, made by Murray, whether Dayton or Little Rock, doesn't mean it was branded as such. That's one of the things that gets me befuddled.
adding to that is the branding could be made b an of several manufactures, e.g. sears could be Murray, snyder puch, etc...Is there a chart somewhere? :p

So, the pointed area behind the droput is a Murray thing? I see it on my sears, AMF/CWC/Roadmasters, Higgins and more.
I guess a good thing is that if it were charted out on a timeline, one could tell dates better.

Back