UK newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Just joined the forum, been lurking for a week or so :wink:
Built a couple of Recumbents a few years ago as I fancied something different, but sold them on. This lead me to start buying and selling bikes ( usually just the normal boring MTB type stuff!)
Anyway, now having a large pile of frames and parts, I got to thinking of building something different again!
I am into hot rods, rat rods, american cars etc, and after a google search for Rat Rods one day I found a few images of Rat Bikes and Lowrider Bikes - My new project(s) was inevitable :D
I then found this forum and was blown away, and was so enthused that I started to cut an old mountain bike frame straight away - it's nowhere near finished yet, but it's a start :wink: ....more later

P1080482_zps9172f61a.jpg

Welcome from Ooop north... mind, you're in Dorset... most UK members will be north of you :D Bike looks cool 8)

LukeTheJoker said:
Cool bike ChoppedMinx! Welcome to the boards!

Please tell me that your user name means you have a chopped roof Hillman in your possession? Need photos if you do! :mrgreen:

Luke.

Yep, sure do. 1933 Hillman Minx, Roof Chopped, Channelled, 2-Doored, running SBC - (looks a lot rattier now) :wink:

Whereabouts are you in Victoria? - got relatives in Geelong

minx_zpsc717c4d6.jpg

Nice Minx! I bet that is a bundle of fun to drive! The 2 door conversion looks good, what chassis/suspension is under it? Awesome pic, thanks for sharing! :wink:

We live not far out of Shepparton, about 2 hours north of Melbourne.

I have a bit of a soft spot for 1940s-60s british cars and trucks, very slowly ratrodding a mid 40s Austin K2 truck, it will be narrowed 12 inchs, chopped 4, sectioned 4 and the cab will be moved back on the chassis about 18... (Using a Toyota Hilux pickup chassis and suspension.) A picture of how it looked when I got it is on page 3 of my "FatBob" build thread. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65514&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Afraid I dont have any more recent pics, been too busy on the bikes...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice Minx! I bet that is a bundle of fun to drive! The 2 door conversion looks good, what chassis/suspension is under it? Awesome pic, thanks for sharing! :wink:

We live not far out of Shepparton, about 2 hours north of Melbourne.

I have a bit of a soft spot for 1940s-60s british cars and trucks, very slowly ratrodding a mid 40s Austin K2 truck, it will be narrowed 12 inchs, chopped 4, sectioned 4 and the cab will be moved back on the chassis about 18... (Using a Toyota Hilux pickup chassis and suspension.) A picture of how it looked when I got it is on page 3 of my "FatBob" build thread. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65514&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Afraid I dont have any more recent pics, been too busy on the bikes...

Luke.

Looks like a good project Luke.
The Minx is built on a box section Pop chassis, with Triumph Vitesse Front Suspension, and a narrowed Jag IRS.
Plan to get at back on the road this year, doesn't need much, but I have a '69 Plymouth Valiant (US version) in the garage that I am finishing off, and then just need to sort out the HC Vauxhall Viva. Oh, and next year I might get re-started on the '71 Barracuda ..... so many projects, so little time .... and then I get started building bikes!!

Latest posts

Back