TYPHOON seat!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here you all go! I finished the customers car and was able to start on the seat....

First things first was to have a good look and strip it!
IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

not bad shape! the behive springs need a little work but no problem! I started with everything taking a visit to the blasting cabinet

IMG_1820.jpg

then everything got a nice coat of rust prof gloss black... minus the seat post connector.....it just recv'd a blast ....

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

a good start.....Im back to work tomorrow so it will be a few days for the next update

the Foam will be next! :D :mrgreen:

sorry all! I have been away.

Well here you go.....I'm going with a sculptured seat design. One that is formed to promote comfort :D

first I took the seat apart and cleaned it up :lol:

IMG_1902.jpg

next I used a med to high pound foam and began to shape it.

IMG_1905.jpg

I than covered it again with another layer of foam to give it a nice smooth surface so the material lays right

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

I'll get Clothes Pin'in to have a seat test for me........ :roll: :lol:

thats all for now!

I can't very well start on the BBO2 with Steve's seat on the table so It was finished today!

first the material

IMG_1919.jpg

I like the fabric! I was saving it for something real cool but it was never used! It looks just like leather but it's fabric! it will look great for this build!
the other is a black leatheret! and then I used whit for the welt

So here you have it!!!!!!!!! I was not sure to show it now............. or wait and let Steve show it when he got it???????????

Ah heck here you go!

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

Steve I hope you like it!!!! it was fun putting it together and I look forward to seeing it on your bike! :mrgreen: :wink:

This looks AWESOME Murray.

I can't wait to get it on the bike.

You rock!

PM me your PayPal info so I can get the return shipping money.

Back