TYPHOON REMIXED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martin said:
hey guys I just love the looks of truss rods. I've just ordered a pair for my own present project. But I'm wondering... is there originally any use to them ? Except for their good looks I mean...

i dig em too !!! lookin good Steve

i think they were just added to bump sales, why buy a bike with less shiny stuff for the same price sorta thing, or maybe just a reason to charge more for a bike cuz everybody knows the truss rods help get the ladies !!! :mrgreen:

BMX handlebars until fairly recently are straight 7/8" clamp area, it is possible to find some newer BMX stuff that will clamp 1" or even more like 1 1/8 but you'll probably need to use a quill to aheadset adapter to use those.

100_5170.jpg

100_5172.jpg

lookin good !!! nice touch on the headbadge too, you can get longer bolts for the headstem if theyre still givin ya problems and it should be fine

Really good looking bike. I'm partial to those cast chrome stems so I was not sure if I liked the black. But all the black components make the form and color of the frame really pop! Jump on and go. Mike

Thanks guys.

You know...I'm not sure what to think either, ha ha.

Thankfully most of these parts have been fairly cheap so mixing and matching is fun.

Chaddilac is supposed to do the stripe job on it in the next couple of weeks or so.

Still not sure if I'm done with the handlebar/stem combo.

Also Firewalker is making a cool seat for it too.

NICE! Nice! nice! like three blind mice. Coppertone and black with white accents.This looks great with the ruff paint I mean patina of the paint, works excellent with all of the fresh black paint. You just don't think about it until you see it. I mean when you see an old bike you just think chrome. Is Firewalker doing the seat black and white with coppertone piping or do we just have wait and see? Sorry I just can't wait you got to say, or do you even know? Is it going to be a surpise for you too.

dos cruiser said:
NICE! Nice! nice! like three blind mice. Coppertone and black with white accents.This looks great with the ruff paint I mean patina of the paint, works excellent with all of the fresh black paint. You just don't think about it until you see it. I mean when you see an old bike you just think chrome. Is Firewalker doing the seat black and white with coppertone piping or do we just have wait and see? Sorry I just can't wait you got to say, or do you even know? Is it going to be a surpise for you too.

I just sort of told Murray to go with the black and white theme on the seat....he seems to come up with some cool stuff so I'll let him go to town on it.

Thanks for the comments!

I've run into a couple of problems.

1. I stripped one of the bolt holes on this neck when I was cranking down on the bolts. :cry:

2. I've bent the bars into sort of an oval shape that won't fit into a regular stem anymore.

Apparently I'm He-Man.....ha ha.

The bars will still work with this stem....just need to figure out what to do about the stripped out hole. :roll:

I only paid $10 for the neck so I may look into an alternative.

Hooch said:
I sent a stem along too didnt I ? I wonder how it would look
the bmx stems are cool except the bar size issue

Unfortunately the stem was too big to fit through the headset nut. You sent the correct size nut along too, but it's silver and I'm afraid if I paint it black it will get all scratched up when I try to tighten it up. :cry:

I'm planning to buy a black BB and I've been contemplating the possible install of a black 3 piece crank set up.

This is the cool thing about stockpiling parts....you can have fun mixing and matching.

This is a set of Sears Spyder bars I think. Someone on the forum will remember these. :wink:

What do yall think of this wacky combo?

Maybe I could paint the neck black. :shock:

100_5193.jpg

100_5194.jpg

100_5195.jpg

AAAAAAAGHHHGGGGHHHHHHHH! That thing is sweet. Good inspiration for the Typhoon I just scored.

Back