typhoon...nope 58 Tiger!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I picked this up this morning. Vin says its a 1958, being kind of a newbie, I think it's a 20" Typhoon?
photo.jpg

sorry about the pic, with cell and overcast day!

Re: typhoon?

That's not 24" Bike? The chain guard looks newer, can you post the serial number?

This is from the 58 price list, not many 20" models. With chrome wheels, it's probably a deluxe Spitfire, but that's not for sure. The rims may have been swapped out from painted rims. The model name may be visible on the chain guard under the repaint.

ekkv37.jpg

vin # D974219 after cleaning the chain guard off looks like it might say Tiger?
photo2.jpg

here is a picture in front of my re-pop
photo1.jpg

Wildcat said:
That's not 24" Bike? The chain guard looks newer, can you post the serial number?

This is from the 58 price list, not many 20" models. With chrome wheels, it's probably a deluxe Spitfire, but that's not for sure. The rims may have been swapped out from painted rims. The model name may be visible on the chain guard under the repaint.

ekkv37.jpg
might not be a 58? tires say IRC s-7 24x1 7/8" like I said I am a newbie!

I should have done a little more research before I posted. After looking around, this is what I have come up with: 24" Tiger produced 4.13.58. Please correct me if I am wrong I'm trying to learn.

Latest posts

Back