Two 1970 motobecane mobylettes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored the peds on local listings, not complete but one is in pretty good shape. If i sold just the fenders i could make my $ back!
The best part is the guy has lots more and i'm the first guy he'll call.

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

Nice score. Mopeds seem to be pretty hot right now... could be a good flip if you go that route, or they are certainly awesome units if you keep them instead.

Unchained said:
Nice score. Mopeds seem to be pretty hot right now... could be a good flip if you go that route, or they are certainly awesome units if you keep them instead.

For now i'd like to fix one up and use the other for parts for my trike. I have a gx honda 140 i'd like to mount on the nicer one.Both peds need new wiring and controls, the motors are in rough shape too.

weekend-fun said:
Twins! Cool finds!

Yeah! they are twins born the same day :lol:

dkimaging said:
Very cool finds. looks like they might be early 70's?
I found one a 77 with title a few weeks back. There are pretty rare in my area, people stop me all the time asking about it.

as found with a little cleaning
motobecane.jpg

after 2 bottles of simple green
moby1.jpg

here is some info I found online that can help in fixing them up.
http://mabecanemobylette.freeforums.org/index.php
http://dolio.lh.net/~apw/doc/Moped/moby ... anual.html

David in north east PA

Sweet now that's a nice find. Hoping i can get a third one that's in better shape and with papers as well. But not the mobylette model.
As the title says both are 1970 on the same month and day. Notice the hardtails...
Thanks for the links! :D

edit: second link is dead for me but might be my comp?

tin machine said:
nice finds !! if you need tires for them let me know , i have brand new tires with the stickers still on them . :)

pm sent,thx

Looking at your ped pics the rims look to be the same size but my tires are (21x2.00)Can anyone clarify if the earlier peds had bigger rims? :?

thx

mattyfu said:
They could be the same, some ped tires measure the OD and others the ID. So if you measure the inner diameter of your tires and it's 17" than they should work. If you measure them and the inner diameter is 19" you should sell them to me :)

Thanks for the reply, so if the diameter is 17" 3/4 is that considered to be 18" rim?

Back