TWISTEDS "NEXT" BUILD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
went out and bout another bike. this time i bought a NEXT cruiser. i looked at a couple different ones that walmart had in stock but i didnt like the quality. the huffy cranbrook they had there was a mess. the welds were awful and the bottom bar where it was bent had ripples in it. the Schwinn they had was ok but to heavy. so i went with the next.

heres what i started with fresh from the store:

newbike001.jpg

took off th e stock fork and put on a springer i had. fit perfect, no cutting or spacers needed.

newbike003.jpg

newbike004.jpg

i then took a set of apes and black neck i had on the OP and put them on the next. the bars are wrapped in hockey tape.

newbike005.jpg

i didnt like the seat or the chrome seat post on the next so i put a black post and a bell brown vinyl seat on. the factory seat was a "sprung" seat but instead of springs used rubber grommets.

newbike008.jpg

now i had to get rid of the stickers.

newbike011.jpg

some random pics of it...

newbike012.jpg

newbike013.jpg

newbike014.jpg

the bike rides nice. it fits me better then the OP bike did. i still want to do more but im not sure what.

to get the chain guard off, you'll have to remove the crank arm and then that side of the bottom bracket is actually holding that thing on there :?
i got one for free (neglected and abandon in a back-yard)
so i threw some 24' wheels on it so it would fit my niece
could'nt get the decals off with heat, so i sprayed the whole frame with Jasco chemical stripper.......
i had no idea it would look like this 8)
it was electric red when i found it......
just another option....
100_2093.jpg

100_2091.jpg

nice bike, my stickers came off easily.im still up in the air about the orange but i dont feel like stripping a bike... yea i was looking at the chaingaurd and noticed it was held on in a odd way. is there any slop on the crank set once you take that chaingaurd off ?

took it out for a spin today. there seems to be some drag when coasting. not sure if the chain is to tight or if its in the bearings... need to check it out.

took off the white wals and aluminum wheel and put some black wheels and different tires on. i think i like this way better. what ya guys think ?

DSCF7322.jpg

DSCF7323.jpg

Back