Troxel seat missing parts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently brought home a pre-war womans rollfast and am working on it's seat this week. It came with it's fair amount of rust to be sure, but now as I'm getting closer to putting it back together and back on the bicycle, I realized it's missing a way to attach the front of the seat to the bracket.

I've put in the time looking for an example online of what that attachment part is for this particular seat as I'd like to have a semi faithful end result on this bike (not exactly spot on but at least close). I can't find a single image of this same seat as far as I can tell, But i'd gather that it's a spring like loop that I'm missing.

Is there any way to make one or buy a replacment that will fit or is it a matter of buying another seat.

I tried to fashion one out of a liighting fixture with a similar looking clamp by cutting and bending it to form, but it ended up loosy goosey and made the seat feel like it floated about too much, and it ended up pinching my leg a little too close for comfort while riding it....

Any suggestions or help will be rewarded with eternal peace and enlightenment upon your passing.
20160330_181424 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

20160414_150225 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

There was just a lil loop metal thingy that went around the end of the piece sticking up in the first pic and bolted to the nut on the seat pan, similar to what would hold a brake arm to your chain stay.

He's right...nothing more sophisticated than this
70182092.jpg

Right on and thank for the assist! I didn't quite have one that was proper size so I improvised a little bit and used a coaster brake loop and to give it the length it needed, I used a washer/hook thing from a front wheel... the one that hooks into the fork to keep the wheel in.
it makes for a good hook for now
20160418_034249 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
Thanks again for your help and information!

Back