Trouble w/ sandy?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this isnt "bike" related but, just wondering how our east coasters are doing over there on other side of the country?

schwinnless said:
I know this isnt "bike" related but, just wondering how our east coasters are doing over there on other side of the country?
I'm not really east coast but here in Indiana it's been cold and wet.

My town was well protected by our little bubble. A little wind, a little rain, nothing remotely bad at all.

Other areas nearby got hit harder, and I think we've all seen and read about NY/NJ. Parts of Connecticut got hit pretty good too.

I lost power all the way over in Michigan for almost 48 hours. Very high winds and cold sleet for a day or two. Nothing to write home about compared to what those who really got hit are dealing with.

we dodged a bullet here,others not too far from here weren't so lucky though :(

All the Jersey Devils survived intact, but a couple of our members are suffering that aftermath...no power, no heat, no gas for the generators. We're also learning that most of the places we rode down at the Jersey shore not less than a month ago are now gone. :(

central CT didn't get hit hard at all. We didn't lose power. But just 15 miles south on the shore - oh my - they got clobbered.

Kind of related...my story is I was scheduled to go to Atlantic City saturday for a conference. We were staying at the Borgata Hotel. Up until this morning we were still going..then the call came that it was impossible to get into the city..it was still closed. I had talked with an Officer in the Salvation Army in Atlantic City on tuesday to see if while i was there for the week if i could help in some way. He had informed me it was bad enough that even the Salvation Army was not allowed into the disaster area yet. And as of this morning everything was still closed. So needless to say..im not going to be leaving in the morning. So my long story is MAN i feel for these people over there. It's hard to comprehend all this when i am in 80 degree weather and not a cloud in the sky for months on end. I was actually wanting to go help with the cleanup..not go to the convention. Now..neither is going to happen. So if anyone from here is out there...we are thinking of you..especially those of us in places that dont get things like that

We did not get much in rain but the wind is what did us in. Just got power restored.

My town was hit pretty hard. Seems like the houses on the shore that survived Irene were knocked down in Sandy. My bud's house survived last year but not this. Some families were just finishing rebuilding and now need to repair having not even lived in the house yet.

My house is fine. Lost power for only 4 days this year. Last year was 8. Still a lot of the town without power.

Thanks for asking.

Damage in my town is nothing compared to last year. Nor is it as bad as this year in Milford, CT; Staten Island, NY; and Southern Jersey. They need the prayers.

Here in West Virginia got hit with 6 inches of snow, lost power for 48 hours 32 deg. No heat, but that is nothing compared to the people that lost everything. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. Ed

In Virginia Beach we got over 9" of rain, around 50 mph wind gust, we had no damage at home never lost power.
Kenny

Back