triple tandem thingy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alrighty guys
i havent been around latley b/c it is time for bikes to go and cars to come

but
that hasnt stopped me from bikes completely
i am in the works of doing a complete ground up build and cant wait to get it done
but the real reason i am postring is because me and two of my close friends would like to go on a bike trip and we are looking to find a triple tandem (if that is what you would call a triple two seater) and i was wondering if anyone in northeastern ohio has one or if you guys no any info on em
or
if any of you guys have homemade one of these
516FNSWTCPL._SS384_.jpg

we are trying to keep this AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE so any info would be great guys

thanks

search for "duct tape two person bike"
Im not responsible for any injurys that may occur... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
but please video tape the test run....just in case :D :D

As best I can tell, "tandem" and "cheap" are not a good combination.

Anyway, there are several outfits on Ebay that sell new cheap tandems. Seems like I've read different things on quality, namely heavy bikes with low-end components, but the frame itself is strong enough. But, I used to see a triple bike on there, too. Only I don't see it now. You might contact the people selling new tandems on there and inquire.

You'll see tandems pop up on Craigslist fairly often, but very seldom do you see triples. Old single speed tandems are usually pretty cheap, maybe $100-$200 or more for a really nice one.

I've got an old Huffy tandem. One drawback to it is that the flame is fairly flexible, which means when the front person holds the bike upright by steering, the rear person can still wobble from side to side, which just doesn't feel right. So just because the thing doesn't break in half doesn't mean it's a good ride, either.

Obviously, the whole tandem idea is going to work a lot better if the riders are 100-150 lbs apiece than if they are 250 lbs apiece.

I remember a quote on homemade bikes that said you should always film the initial ride "in case hilarity ensues". I can see this happening with a homemade triple.

I assume the trail-behind bikes are for kids, not adults. If you look into them, check if there's a weight limit.

It doesnt get anymore"thingy" than this. may give you an idea!! oh , and not for sale...yet!

100_5377.jpg

Back