Trikenstein (time for bed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up the trike from fellow RRB member snarehead123 a week or 2 ago. It's an Trail Mate Ez Roll and maaaaaaan is it wobbly. It uses a single square tube along the bottom to hold it straight-ish. I also got a Kulana Makamaka a while back that I'm planning on fixing up to the rear end of it. This should be fun!

Here she sits somewhat stock. Not a bad start.

Here it is temp bolted to the Kulana with some white walls and a rat trap for mock up. I'm planning on using a solid fork and a coaster brake on a handle up front.

Re: Trikenstein

Looking sharp!

Sweet, been wantin to do a trike forever now, just can't find one under 300 bucks local it seems like. I'd like to do a 50's straightbar version.

Thanks gentlemen. I got the frames welded up and man I couldn't be happier. There's no more slop or flex with the curve bar bracing the rear. I think I'm going to attempt my own springer on this one, with disc capability. I'm also thinking of a big ole wood bed, a monster headlight, and fenders.

Little update. I didn't have a disc compatible fork that I was happy with so I made up my own mount for a murray unit I've have kicking around for a bit. I also got the basic paint laid down. I'm currently working on the tank insert and getting it ready for some stripes. I think I have a good idea for a basic bed, but that'll have to wait until later today!

The mount!

The brake!

Little bit o' paint

Now she's ready for a classy bed and maybe a tow hitch!

That's really coming together well!!!
Love the torquise with the black!

Thanks guys! So I figured our what to do for the bed. I've had this old table top I got from Foot Action when they closed a store years ago. It's been sitting in my shed and I always new it would come in handy! :lol: Only downside, it was about 2 inches too wide. I chopped a section of the sides, straightened em up, and welded em back down. I'm grabbing some decking 1x's today and I should have a solid traveler!

Chopping the sides.

It mounted up pretty cleanly.

BAM!

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice work! I would be tempted to notch it around the frame about 3" and slide it forward a little just to balance the looks a little, but that would be a lot of work!

Luke.

I thought a lot about that. I might actually just shorten it slightly. If I move it forward and do the raised sides I want, it'll interfere with the seat like crazy. I'm going to hopefully play around with layout tonight, if the rain holds out long enough! :shock:

its funny to see you here bud i didnt realize you were on the form too i literally just signed up today! looks awesome super clean im thinking you should make a stake side bed for it like that trailer you have. it would be kool and very rat rod "ish"

ADDiLiberto said:
its funny to see you here bud i didnt realize you were on the form too i literally just signed up today! looks awesome super clean im thinking you should make a stake side bed for it like that trailer you have. it would be kool and very rat rod "ish"

Thanks. Yeah man this is a great place! Stake side is exactly what I'm going with for on this thing. I'm still debating on shortening it, but I'll figure that out later today. :lol:

heya bigfatcat
that trike is awesome man!!!!
love it its totally cool
you should share that on a few of my posts i have a frankenbike thread my outside the box thread and my monster bike thread
it fits all these categories and therefore i am in love with it not to mention i considered a trike tow bike awhile back
its like you read my mind man be warned if you do there's some crazy mad scientist kinda things in there lol
it looks awesome man
Sean

Back