Trexlertown PA, Sunday October 6th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The show is October 6th at the Goodwill fire company where is has been for the last 20+ years. Always a good time! 8) Hours are 6-2 or whenever the last guy packs up and leaves.

A few things to note. If you are on their mailing list you already know this:

Sounds like Paul had some complaints from the fire company about the show last year.

No overnight parking. For years people have started setting up around 3 or 4 on Saturday then camping out. Something must have gone wrong last year and now they are going to enforce this rule. Too bad because it allowed a lot of socializing before the start of the show as well as flashlight searching all night.

They're going to have the bathrooms locked until Sunday morning too. There are a lot of hotels in the area and there is a 24-7 Wal-Mart about 2 miles up 222 for those that want to camp out in their cars.

No set up before 6 AM but you can reserve a space if you paid in advance.

Clean up your crap after you leave.

This stuff was always posted on the show flyers for as long as I can remember but there really never were any problems so nobody complained.

Thought I'd list this so none of our RRB forum members get into trouble.

See you all there!

What's the addresses to the swapmeet location and the Walmart?

Looks like if my truck is out of the shop I might make the trip.

My wife says I can go as an anniversary present (10/10), .... I love my wife!!!

Found the address, just need the address to the Walmart for the overnighter.

Trexlertown
Antique and Classic Bicycle Show
and Swap Meet

WHEN: Annually - the first Sunday in October
Sunday, October 6, 2013 - 6AM to at least 2PM

WHERE: Trexlertown Fire Company
7723 Hamilton Boulevard, Trexlertown PA 18087
(Route 222 and Trexlertown Road) - Lehigh County PA.

DESCRIPTION: Antique and classic bicycles for sale or trade and parts. Over 120 vendors from many states.

Antique and collectible dealers wanted!
$30.00 per vendor space.

Spectators admitted free.

EVENT CONTACT: Paul Baskin at 570-784-8877

jd56 said:
Found the address, just need the address to the Walmart for the overnighter.

EVENT CONTACT: Paul Baskin at 570-784-8877 [/b]

Should be this one:

Store #2641
1091 Millcreek Rd
Allentown, PA 18106
Phone: (610) 530-1400

About 1-1/2 miles up the road, on 222.

Got to Trexlertown about 3:30 Saturday. Was told no camping overnight but, by 5pm that all changed. vendors and collectors were starting to set up and grabbing a spot.
Slept in my truck....dang that was difficult on the back. Woke up at 3am Sunday morning and the anticipation was killing me....so the flashlight picking stated.
Bought this very nice OG paint Columbia 5 Star...he was parting out. Not bad for a 4am pick.
Got a great deal and managed to save another great example of a girls bike....see Belle, I am doing as promised, saving the forgotten and overlooked girls bikes.
Was told it is a 52 but, I think it is an earlier dated one....serial M*****, could be a 48

attachment.php

Also managed to get another 3 girls bikes in the truck for the ride home.
Firestone Cruiser, Monark, and a Rollfast...these were purchased for a new member in my area.....some great projects and again, more girls bike survivors.

attachment.php

I'm pretty new here, and it was my first time finally making it to that show, but man was it fun. :] Found everything I needed for my bike!

552761_10151904288701578_486325568_n.jpg

1381922_10151904289311578_1952516306_n.jpg

jvertigo said:
I'm pretty new here, and it was my first time finally making it to that show, but man was it fun. :] Found everything I needed for my bike!

Sweet finds. The sprocket matches the tat! Too cool.

Diabolical_Dork said:
jvertigo said:

Was that the 24" yellow band kickback?
Almost bought that one but, needed a 26", if it was the one.

I'm looking for the vendor that had the Murray Fleetline with the external dual chrome tanklight. He was set up in the back on the last row on the left. He had a van I believe. He was like the 3rd from the end.
I think he said he was from Pa or NJ....anybody know who he was?
Or has his contact info?

jd56 said:
Diabolical_Dork said:
jvertigo said:

Was that the 24" yellow band kickback?
Almost bought that one but, needed a 26", if it was the one.

Yep, that was the one! I think he had a 26" as well... I needed a 24" wheel and was crossing my fingers to find one of those hubs affordably... imagine my surprise when I got both (for a steal). ;] This and that sprocket are the last pieces I need to put my ridiculous bike back together. Just need to paint the frame! :D

jvertigo...it's a great feeling to find the needed parts especially at a good price. Hope you got a better price than what was offered to me early in the morning...$45 on the yellow band.
This was my second time attending this swap and as always, found some great items and met some new bike friends. The rolodex is getting pretty full.

Wish I could find the vendor in the van that has an item for a friend of mine. The old adage is "buy it when you see it as it will mos likely be gone when you go back"

Back