Trash find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this bike last week while taking a trash walk (also found a mint coleman camping burner/stove).

It's been painted over so many times so there is no info on the frame. The gears are made by Cyclo B'ham.

Any info would be appreciated. Not sure if I am going to sell it or turn it into a bike to hold & dispense beer out of my 3 gallon homebrew kegs.

Thanks!

y2eje7e8.jpg

vetaha9e.jpg

It may be an early Raleigh 10 speed. It has the same cranks, pedals, and chain wheels as my late 60's/early 70's Hercules 10 speed. The fork crown looks Raleigh.

Wildcat said:
It may be an early Raleigh 10 speed. It has the same cranks, pedals, and chain wheels as my late 60's/early 70's Hercules 10 speed. The fork crown looks Raleigh.

Thanks for the info!

I just looked up pictures of a bunch of old Raleighs. It might be, but the only thing throwing me off is the shape of the metal bit in the fork (see pic below). In the bit of searching I did, I can't find a similar fork.

su9ybyty.jpg

You're right, that isn't a Raleigh fork. I've only seen those chain rings on Raleigh made bikes. There's a webpage called oldtenspeed gallery that might shed some light on it, but I've \never seen a fork like that. I've seen a couple of Raleighs that were like mine. The brakes look like my Hercules (Raleigh made) also, except for the handlebar levers. My gears are Huret though, is the front Huret on yours? I also have downtube shifters but they are larger. Yours may have had drop bars and been converted, and the rear gears changed out. It's tough to tell but with those chain rings it has to be 60s/early70s. I have steel wheels but there's no telling if they changed out the wheels on yours.

Thanks for the info. It definitely looks like this bike was pieced together at some point. I'll checkout oldtenspeed gallery. Thanks again!

Back