Tracker tribute

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4322.jpeg
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4376.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpeg
IMG_4317.jpeg
IMG_4318.jpeg

Last edited:
Bigger cups for the springer fire pit brazed onto a road frame.
IMG_4426.jpeg

IMG_4317.jpeg

IMG_4319.jpeg

Phosphoric acid etched to remove rust.
IMG_4428.jpeg

Acid dipping revealed that the original springer springs were kaput.
IMG_4469.jpeg
IMG_4429.jpeg

Schwinn Wizzer moto bike spring modified to replace the shot original springs.
IMG_4472.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m now penetrant soaking some wheels for the nipples. A ton of work yet and I don’t really anticipate finishing. The hard parts are ahead. I’m trying parts amalgamation that aren’t supposed be, like a homemade two speed cassette with derailleur cobbled onto a 3 speed drum brake for 6 speeds. It’s been done before a few times, over the decades, usually with an internally geared 3 speed that uses rim brakes. There are a few ways to do this, depending on the hub vintage. I can’t find info on where it’s been done with a drum brake. You can’t do this with a 3 speed internally geared coaster brake. Perhaps it can’t be done with a drum brake either, but I’m not smart enough to figure that out before a build trial. The rear hub has two different diameter flanges so that should be a fun lacing job. We had a green New Year’s and warm. It’s still warm, around freezing with currently only 4-5 inches of melting snow region wide. Paint was shot outside and brought in after a few hours to sit by the wood stove. I have quite a bit of machining for the drive train and some welding to do yet. I’m not sure I have all the parts I need, but I don’t need a lot. A seat post that fits probably isn’t among the 40 or so I have.

Last edited:
Can’t post on this forum. A lot of stuff posed but it’s under oops problems. Can’t find it. I may try again but this site now stinks, not worth the aggravation. I was only doing photos as text also vanishes. Everything is stored here somewhere but I can’t retrieve it.
I don’t understand what you’re saying here

I don’t understand what you’re saying here
Slow appearance of typed characters, disappearing content before you can post and oops error when you try to post and that stuff cant be posted. It’s a mess. I’m posting in short amounts and editing of more additional info. Sometimes I have to cancel the edit as it’s garbage.

As far as I know, nobody else Is experiencing these things you’re describing. Can’t imagine it’s the site

Don’t want to jumble up your thread but I know you’ve mentioned this before

I just tried the site from 4 different devices using 4 different browsers and didn’t have anything similar to what you’re describing

Slow appearance of typed characters, disappearing content before you can post and oops error when you try to post and that stuff cant be posted. It’s a mess. I’m posting in short amounts and editing of more additional info. Sometimes I have to cancel the edit as it’s garbage.
Sounds like what ever you are using, has a issue. Guessing a virus/bug. Try deleting cookies, etc. Might help. If not a good whack with a sledgehammer always works.
1704954882224.png

Lovin the fire pit brazing! now I wanna go out and strip a bike to try it !
Thats absolute flawless work on those bars, Great thinking outside the box! the lever mounts! and to see an anvil getting used too!
Your upload problems sound like internet issues all over! are they working or upgrading close by! maybe a new tower some place close!

As far as I know, nobody else Is experiencing these things you’re describing. Can’t imagine it’s the site

Don’t want to jumble up your thread but I know you’ve mentioned this before

I just tried the site from 4 different devices using 4 different browsers and didn’t have anything similar to what you’re describing
One other person has the same issue. No problem for me on other sites. I have the same problem no matter what Wi-Fi system I’m connected to. I’m retired to I’ll try and nurse it along.

Sounds like what ever you are using, has a issue. Guessing a virus/bug. Try deleting cookies, etc. Might help. If not a good whack with a sledgehammer always works.
View attachment 256355
Probably my iPad, it’s old. But strangely I only have a problem on RRB.

Lovin the fire pit brazing! now I wanna go out and strip a bike to try it !
Thats absolute flawless work on those bars, Great thinking outside the box! the lever mounts! and to see an anvil getting used too!
Your upload problems sound like internet issues all over! are they working or upgrading close by! maybe a new tower some place close!
You need a big hardwood fire, a leaf blower or shop vac exhaust as an oxygen source. I wrapped the pre fluxed brazing rods around the joints and added a lot of powdered brazing flux. The cooled flux is like glass and the only thing that took it off was the pink foam grit wheels on my angle grinder. It’s not fast and you need plenty of wood. Your initial fire that you lay can not be too large, build a big one and keep it fed and the joint in a hot spot. It’s not ideal but is a fun project and can be made to work. I tack welded my parts in place before fire pit brazing.

What type of equipment and which browser are you using? And have you done a turn off and turn on recently so it will do a hard reboot?

Okay, old iPad? Is all the s/w up to date? What version s/w are you on and are you using Chrome or some other browser on it? I can pull out my iPad and give it a try to see if it happens to me.

What type of equipment and which browser are you using? And have you done a turn off and turn on recently so it will do a hard reboot?

Okay, old iPad? Is all the s/w up to date? What version s/w are you on and are you using Chrome or some other browser on it? I can pull out my iPad and give it a try to see if it happens to me.
Yesterday I ordered a new iPad. I’m thinking this will help. It won’t be here for 11 days as they are on sale but out of stock. Then it will take me forever to get it up and figured out. The strange thing is my problems are only on RRB.

Yesterday I ordered a new iPad. I’m thinking this will help. It won’t be here for 11 days as they are on sale but out of stock. Then it will take me forever to get it up and figured out. The strange thing is my problems are only on RRB.
That new iPad may help as the operating system and browser may not be up to date. So I really hope that it helps the situation.

Latest posts

Back